Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use RFC look up and Multi mapping in NW BPM

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to use RFC lookup and multi mapping  in NW BPM scenarios?

Thanks,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Based on your design , definitely you need to have NW BPM. Your's is not one end to end process. You have multiple process. So  you need to have NW BPM.

Thnx

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Correct me if i am wrong please, i am just thinking as below,

1.first of all we need to create Operational mapping for extended Receiver determination to determine the correct receiver (in this mapping we need to RFC lookup to get value as YES or No)

2.if extended determination find YES , flow is as usual.

3.if NO, then here we need to create flow as Sync-asyn bridge (in receiver channel we need to be done slandered module for get back some thing response. and then what ever comes response to be send via RFC to ECC )

FYR--extended Receiver determination

Step by Step guide to Explain Enhanced Receiver Determination - Application Server Infrastructure - ...

Sync-async bridge

Sync-Async without ccBPM - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

if i was, then i would try that way, but not sure   since i am not sure neither CC, NW BPM

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the input. Is it possible with Multi Mapping? I mean instead of enhanced receiver determination can we use multimapping?

Thanks,

Pavan T

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's impossible, actually extended receiver determination does determine the receiver system,

where you go for when ever you can not achieve by either context object or xpath.

multi mapping functionality is different.

anyway you can try as i suggest and keep posted the updates. will see that is good option or not which i suggested in earlier.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

You would like to import multi mapping in NWBPM and use the same right?

In that case it is possible.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am planning to use NW BPM for my requirement. Unfortunately I didn't work on NW BPM. I am totally clueless on the design part. I have some documents related to NW BPM design But i need to have some more input. Have you worked on NW BPM before?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Pavan,you can even refer my documents/blogs.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thanks for the quick response. I have few questions on  NW BPM design steps. Based on my requirement which given above.

1) how many service interfaces i need to create?(Including  NW BPM & Normal).

2) How many Message Mappings & Operation Mappings( Including  NW BPM & Normal)

3) once we import the operation mapping into BPM , Do we need to create separate mappings in the composite designer?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Totally 4(2 for PI and 2 for NWBPM)

One operation mapping,You can import the same.

3) once we import the operation mapping into BPM , Do we need to create separate mappings in the composite designer?

No need to create any mappings,But u need to map the message contents to BPM artifacts and vice versa.

You can refer my blogs.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the quick response. Can you provide your blog details .So that i can refer them.

I have  some doubts on below answers

Totally 4(2 for PI and 2 for NWBPM)

Comment: I have to integrate total 3 systems in my interface( System1( File adapter( Outbound Async)

System2( Rest Adapter (Inbound Sync) and Target application( 2 IDocs (inbound Aysch), 1 RFC( inbound Asynch) along with RFC look up which defines the call to System 2 and RFC Asynch .

will 4 service interfaces & One operation  mapping  will be enough ?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Refer the below links

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57163

And you can find more link in my documents for mapping and other stuffs.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the responding to me all the way. Thanks for the blogs. I will go through them. Still having concerns on Service interfaces & Mappings part. Will 4 service interfaces and one operation mapping  will serve my purpose?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Praveen,It will..

Try out the design if your stuck somewhere will help you out.

close the thread if your query is answered.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the response. I am closing the thread.I tried to send a direct message to your scn account, Seems you need to follow me. Please accept my request. So that i can reach you out in case of any help.

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahes,

You are correct, but you are missing last piece. I believe even after sending the data via RFC, he needs to still create the IDOC, at least that's what I interpret from his flow chart. That's why I proposed to use NW BPM. If there is no last step (sending IDOC), then your approach might work, still need to connect all the dots though ..

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Justin.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

You are correct, I need to create the IDOCS in the last step. I think NW BPM is the only way.

I am starting my development. I am closing this thread. If i stuck any where, I will post a new thread.

Thanks,

Pavan T,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Its it possible.

You can do multimapping by importing the mapping in NWBPM.

and you can make RFC call directly from SAP by using service reference.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for the quick response. I have a requirement where i need to use NW BPM. I haven't worked on BPM before. Can you please help on the solution on BPM design.

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Check this document,section page 37 Content Filter (Message Transformation)

Kind Regards,

Praveen

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the quick response. Is IFLOW  & BPM composite designer are same?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Pavan,

IFLOW is object which is created in NWDS(its a ICO)

Wherase BPM composite designer is used to build BPM Process.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per above diagram , i guess you no need to go for NWBPM.

you just think about either enhance receiver determination or Interface determination.

if you want go enhancement receiver determination you should create 2 partys(one for idoc and another for RFC) to determine the currect reciver to sent IDOC or RFC , since you have single ECC to send Either Idoc or RFC

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the quick response. First of all happy new year to you.  If you look into my diagram , If my RFC look up gives response as No, then i have to make a call to system 2( REST Adapter) and get the response from System 2 and store that response in ECC via RFC. Do you think is it possible with out NW BPM?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the response. Happy new year to you. So for my above requirement, Do i need to use BPM or I flow?.  Mahesh told me this can be done with out BPM. Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Pavan T

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos