cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to delete the file after processing ftp server returned access denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an error in pass through scenario in production.The scenario was working fine for almost 2 years.I am facing the below issue from the past 2 weeks.

The purpose of the scenario is to pick the file from thirdpaty ftp and place the file in the SAP.Once the file is moved to sap the file will be placed in the backup folder of the thirdparty server.

Flow: FTP--XI--FTP

The ftp sender channel is in the error"Failed to delete the file xyz.JPG after processing.The  ftp server returned the following error message:"com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx:550 Unexpected replycode xyz.JPG:aAccess is  denied."for details contact your FTP vendor.

Checked with the thirdparty regarding the Folder and FTP user permissions.There was no recent change in the folder permissions and ftp user has both read and write access.

The xyz.JPG file was also deleted from the source and new files were placed.After restarting the channel we are again facing the same error.

Kindly help me in resolving the below issue.

Thanks,

--Ramya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on PI711 then please try to restart the FILE adapter service with the help of basis and see if it works.This is the final option if there were no issues with FTP/folder access and file modification check.

cheers

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

FTP user has the delete access.When I check with thirdparty vendor they were saying that the file is still available in the source.They deleted it on 25th Dec.But as per checking file is still available in the source.

Please let me how to resolve the issue

Thanks,

--Ramya

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Did you check your configuration using Processing Mode as 'Test'?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

We did not try with the processing mode :Test.Since the issue is in production we cannot simply change it to Test.More over in our project basis team is only having the access to xi production.

So if it is only the solution we can ask the basis .Please let me know if there is any other possibility .

Thanks,

--Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue got resolved after the xyz.JPG file deletion.

Thanks,

--Ramya

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

• It could be PI try to pick up the file while sender busy writing the file in the directory which PI polling, that is why you are getting access denied error.
  • Tell them to create temporary file and write the content after complete then can rename it to actual file name which PI is polling for.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

Also check whether the user is active as well.Check the channel history as well by mistake any changes might have done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

May be you can use SFTP server provided by SAP instead of FTP server on the sender side if you are facing this problem.

AFAIK, SAP has recently launched a special functionality in its own SFTP server where the file will get automatically archived.

I am telling you this because the file is in JPG format, so for such complex format my above suggestion should resolve the problem.

Regards,

Souvik

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Please correct me if I am wrong. Your scenario is :

1. FTP to NFS.

2. NFS to FTP.

If it is so , please check if the FTP User has permissions 777(Read , write and delete). Also check , if on NFS you have permissions 644.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Scenario is from FTP to FTP.

And FTP user has read ,write and delete access.

Regards,

--Ramya

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Try manually login Into ftpserver using filezilla or winscp with same credentials wch is being used is sender come channel then simply try to delete a file,  the error seems to show that the user dosent has access to delete a file from that particular folder!

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Since we donot have the credentials of thirparty , asked the third party to delete the file manually.

But thirdparty replied that the file was already deleted.Same was mentioned in my post.

Please let me know is there any other possibility to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

--Ramya

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Even if the FTP USer has no delete access , in that case also the First File Communication Channel reads would be deleted and archived. That does not make sure that FTP User has authorizations 777.I would suggest to re-confirm it from FTP Provider. Also , could you please change the Processing Mode to TEST and then execute the scenario once.

Thanks,

Vivek