cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman alerts "large heap areas"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lots of alerts are generating in Solman under the name "Large Heap Areas" with the following alert texts

hananode15 : Pool/ColumnStoreTables/Main/Compressed/Indirect : size in GB: 142

hananode11 : Pool/PersistenceManager/PersistentSpace(0)/DefaultLPA/Page : size in GB: 127

hananode17 : Pool/ColumnStoreTables/Main/Uncompressed : size in GB: 155

hananode11 : Pool/ColumnStoreTables/Main/Compressed/Rle : size in GB: 11

The alert "Pool/PersistenceManager/PersistentSpace(0)/DefaultLPA/Page" I believe is a non-critical alert as this space is reclaimed by SAP automatically whenever it needs more memory. But can somebody tell me about the other alert texts? Is there any note where SAP recommends a threshold value for these alerts beyond which is an indication of problem? Can somebody point to some SAP documentation that talks about these things for which the alerts are generating?

Thanks,

Arindam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP Note 1999997 these heap allocators are normally not critical. I assume that Solution Manager is not 100 % up-to-date in your system.

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arindam,

The /Pool/ ColumnStoreTables* allocators you mentioned, as the name suggests, are part of the total column store memory consumption. In other words, this is part of your loaded data. I'm not sure why solman would have that as an alert. Is there a chance you're using an older solman version which considered that kind of allocator for alerting?

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira