cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Universe Connector using Rest API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Rest API URL, I can send HTTP calls using Chrome Rest client and can see just the universe metadata like CUID, Description, Type etc.Using <Resturl>/sl/v1/universes/si_id , I can see the unx universe Folder and object names, Data Type.

I would like to know how to query the universe data as ODATA feed in MS Excel using the Rest API URL. If yes, what needs to be done and what the Odata URL would look like. Any guidance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to get data from the datasource behind the universe, you have first to create a "query" and after that you will be able to get data using OData protocol.

You will be able to find all necessary information inside the documentation guide.

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Input, Anthony.

Are there any documents on how to create queries in the XML specification quickly(Automated) after extracting the universe metadata.(I don't see that part in the document)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of any document for that, but I have used  /raylight/v1/documents/<docId>/dataproviders/<dpId>/specification to get a query spec and use it to create a new query.  I don't think there's a 1:1 match for the XML, but it contains correct formatting for resultobjects and the sql query.

Dan

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right Dan

Anthony

Answers (0)