cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Install/Update through package creation

0 Kudos

Hello All,

After SAPGUI (740 pl 5) installation server setup, created SAGUI package with my requirement (BEx+OLEDBetc..).

When I tried to install package on remote windows server without administration rights

-  But install was prompting for admin rights but client requirement is opposite, is possible ?

When I installed SAPGUI package with admin rights on remote desktop, after logging to SAPGUI, ABAP dump MESSAGE_TYPE_X is occurring.

After uninstalling old SAPGUI - 730, and reinstalling package on remote desktop, I could able to user SAPGUI w/o issue.

- But requirement is to install / update SAPGUI  package without manual intervention on remote systems and without admin rights.

Please help us with correct approach to achieve the requirement.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

liang2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

You can refer to the document "SAP_Front_End_Installation_Guide.pdf" under directory

BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._1_\PRES1\DOCU or BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._2_\PRES1\DOCU

in SAPGUI installation medium.

--------------------

5.1.1 Installing Components from an Installation Server

The user logged on to the front end must have local administrative privileges.

5.1.2 Installing Components Locally from a Distribution Medium

The user logged on to the front end must have local administrative privileges.

5.1.1.2 Installing Packages Using the Logon Script

\\<server>\<shared folder>\setup\NWSAPSetup.exe /package:“<package

command-line name>“ /silent

6.7 Command-Line Parameters

--------------------

The user logged on to the front end must have local administrative privileges no matter

the installation is from an Installation Server or from a Distribution Medium.

And you can use above command to install SAPGUI, there will be no user interface

if you add /silent in the command. For more information, please refer to section

"5.1.1.2 Installing Packages Using the Logon Script" and "6.7 Command-Line Parameters"

in the installation guide.

Best Regards

Liang