cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Designer License question

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I downloaded Power Designer from Service market place. When I am trying to request for license, it is asking for 2 options, Served License and Un-served license.

When I pick Served license, it is asking for Server Host ID and Host Name, and for Un-Served License , it is asking for Node Host ID and Host Name.

Can someone please explain me the difference?

I am assuming 1st option, I will store the license on a server and 2nd option, I will keep the license in local machine. Is it correct?

Why do I need to mention the server hostname or Host ID of the local PC while regenerating the license it self?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Server Host ID is MAC address on your license server machine (where sysam got installed)

Node Host ID is MAC address on  the machine where your Powerdesigner got installed.

You're correct.

Served type license must be stored on license server machine.

Un-served type one must be stored on the same machine where Powerdesigner gets installed.

The answer for your last question is we want to make sure you the information you provided

is  correct.  Customer regenerate a license either due to they change license server or a user gets

a new computer. Both cases need new MAC address.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip,

One more question, We have limited licenses, what if Host PC is corrupted or had to change to new laptop, do I need to regenerate license key key for new PC?

And also what if I want to transfer the license to another user, suppose the user with current license key no longer with the company or moved different job, how do we handle that?

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use floating/ standalone server  type license, you don't need regenerate license.

If you use standalone local license, you must regenerate license because the hosted in new PC

must be different from the old one.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose if I generated 3 license keys for dedicated, but I already consumed our maximum licenses, how do I generate new license key?

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

For your last question, if you are using floating license, you don't need do anything.

If you are on standalone server or standalone local type, please log in to SAP site,

check in the license and generate new one.

You need delete the old license on license server or local PC before you apply new license.

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need check in existing licenses first. Then generate new one

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean , I need click on 'Check in' if I need to replace the old one with new Host ID to generate the keys right?

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

YES

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

It all relates to Sysam.

Please read on support.sap.com

Click Keys, ...

And search for a document about SAP Sybase.

This explains what to do with generating license keys.

Hans

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hans,

Thanks for the explanation. I know how to get the keys.

First time i had to enter host ID for generating the keys. That is why i was wondering.