cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Profile in Quality Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a material which is produced in 3 different production plants. Inspection type 04 is assigned inspection at GR against production order.

each plant has a different defect catalog as defect 'A' in one plant can be reworked but the same defect 'A' in another plant has to scrap which means same defect has different classes for different plants.

what I want is to make two different defect catalog and assigning the defect class according to specific plant.

I made a defect catalog profile 'XYZ' also assigned to F3 notification where I mentioned defect catalog 9 and defect group plant specific also.

after creating an inspection lot, when i am checking in defects recording in QA32 it is showing all the defects catalog in list for defect selection.

how can I restrict defect catalog to the catalogs specified in catalog profile.

I have tried giving this catalog profile in material master also. but it is working on client level not on plant level. Any clue or idea how to handle this situation.

Regards

CR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christina,

It is the Catalog Profile value of Material Master (Quality Management tab), which presents only that list of Code Groups (of Catalog '9') available in the Catalog Profile while Defects recording of Inspection lot. I have just cross-checked this. It's working fine. The Catalog Profile in the Notification is nothing to do with this..

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jogeswara,

Thanks for reply. yes Material master QM view catalog profile restricts the defect catalog in QA32 but if i am assigning a catalog profile in one plant, it is restricting the same on all plants for same material.

I am want to keep defect catalog A for plant 1 and defect catalog B for plant 2.

please advise.

Regards

CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rao,

I got the answer. It will be solved if i will assign the catalog profile to report type. In this case, I can use different report types for different plants in QA32. therefore i will get different defect catalogs based on plant also.

thanks again

CR

Answers (0)