SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Rate category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah, I am not able to find out a solution to update Rate Categories (EA54) by using BAPI. Can you send me some details how to use BAPI or any Methods to update Rate Categories.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roy

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard uses this. ISU_S_RATE_CAT_CHANGE

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

I am looking for a BAPI or FM to update the Rate Category FACTS ..

Similar to installation Facts update  'BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT'

Thanks

Roy

0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

As far as I know there is no straight forward BAPI (like that of Installation Facts update) to change the facts at Rate Category level (I may be wrong here) as changes to these are very rare depending on your Billing Master Data set-up.

But if you still need, then you have to create a custom program/FM within your business process which uses the below standard FMs:

ISU_RATE_CAT_FACTS_MAINTAIN

ISU_RATE_CAT_FACTS_CHECK

ISU_DB_ETTAF_UPDATE

ISU_S_RATE_CAT_CHANGE

I would suggest you to re-visit your requirements as to why you need BAPI to change Rate Category Facts so frequently, you can achieve through Installation Facts may be.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Srini, The update to the rate category facts is due to the applicability of the charges to approximately 150+ contracts. To update the 59+ operands to the 150+ installation facts in the event there was an error would pose a larger issue. Already we have tried with ISU_RATE_CAT_FACTS_MAINTAIN .. It's not working. Thanks for your valuable inputs. Roy

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

If it is a one time update and not if not a very large volume, try using an LSMW - BDC that way you dont have to get into the intricacies of coding (FM logic, etc)

Regards,

Averil.