Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration dependencies in UI5 Application

rejiomusic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am fairly new to Variant Configuration concepts and we have a requirement where we need to replicate some basic concepts like characteristic selection and dependencies to UI5.

I have debugged the CU50 transaction to an extent that I may write the dependencies functionalities to a new RFC FM which would give me the required result in a odata service which would send the data to a UI5 Application.

But before I take such a step, I wanted to check whether I am going too overboard or am I missing any specific FM which can give me the same result.

I understand that the Variant configuration screen in CU50 and the function group which has the functionalities are very tightly coupled.

Hope there is an easier way..

Thanks,

Reji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielGomezPad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

just for the case that anybody has a similar question: there was a presentation on this subject in the "UI5 con" of 2016. Here is the Video: Combining UI5 and SAP LO VC for Fun and Profit - YouTube

Kind Regards,

Gabriel

rejiomusic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually we had already created one... debugging and finding out the required FMs to be called as needed for our client, last January.

though thanks a ton for updating this video, so that we can refer how SAP does it !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please click the below link it will leads you to final level

rejiomusic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendran!

I understand the configuration to this extent.

The question was whether we have a FM/CLASS methods/any other interface which gives us the dependent characteristics or I have to do trail and error with my approach as given?

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran,

Check below link for enhancements in VC

Enhancements in Variant Configuration - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

and BAPI also available for User Interface.

BAPI_UI_CHANGE

BAPI_UI_CREATE

BAPI_UI_DELETE

BAPI_UI_EXISTENCECHECK

BAPI_UI_GETDETAIL

BAPI_UI_SAVEM

For other FMs/ BAPIs goto SE37 t-code and and press F4 in Function Module field --> give LO-VC in Application component field and search.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Ravikumar B