cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS 7.1.0.0 with Windows 10 - issue with File name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are on EasyDMS 7.1.0.0 with Windows 10.

We are facing an issue with this EasyDMS Drag Drop or Copy Paste functionality to private folders.

Issue:

When we add a file using Drag drop or Copy Paste to folder the File name is truncated to 1 char even the extension is gone.

If we use Create file option in Easy DMS explorer view it works just fine. Also when using CV01N, it works fine

Any pointers?

Rgds,

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

the situation that the filename and description is cut off and only the first character is displayed is a known issue which got already reported to the EasyDMS development department.

A fix is planned for patch 5 which should be released in January 2016. Unfortunately I cannot send another reply for this issue because the correction requires much effort as we need to contact Microsoft support for the new APIs which are compatible in Win 8 and Win 10. As a workaround you can add the original from SAP Properties dialog instead of drag and drop for check-in functionality which should work fine then.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christofer.

I will be on lookout but in case you get any information about a note about it please let me know.

Best Regards,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any solution for this issue?

I have same problem because of Win 10.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Has any progress been made on this. The inability to use drag and drop functionality seriously impacts user perception on the EasyDMS client and has resulted in us holding off on company wide implementation so as to not have an end result of no-one making use of it. Additionally, our problem goes one step further in the fact that you cannot even select the filetype, not only the name being cutoff.

Please advise if there are any fixes or workarounds available for the issue?

Thank you,

Regards

Michael

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Some days ago I  received information that the new SP6 for EasyDMS will be released for the end of June. Then Windows 10 should be supported by EasyDMS as well and so the drag and drop should work again.

BR

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome, will await the release. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Do you know if they release new SP6 for EasyDMS ?

Thank you.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

few days ago the SP06 Patch 1 version is released and can be found on the Service Marketplace at the "Download Software" area.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Regards,

Mehmet

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, the issue of cut off of description is resolved with this release.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Answers (0)