cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Ticket creation via incoming email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, pros,

I enabled ticket creation from incoming email in our demo tennant, created inbound and outbound email channel and set up a catch all employess workflow rule that direct all tickets to 1 employee. Now I try to send an email to the newly created channel, but get no ticket creation or unsolicited email creation. I also tryed to send the email to cod.b2b.servicerequest@myxxxxxx.mail.crm.ondemand.com and cod.b2c.servicerequest@myxxxxxx.mail.crm.ondemand.com

where xxxxxx is my tennant number. I get no delivery fail messsages, but also no trace of any new tickets in c4c.

What could possibly cause this problem?

Thank you before hand for fast reply.

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda,

This is also chance that few required MIME types are not allowed in your system. So as a resolution, you can check error messages in

1. Application and User Management Work Center

2. Under Input and Output Managent View

3. Web Service Message Monitoring sub view

4. Filter for Erroneous messages

Check for relevant error message

Allow required MIME Type via

1. Business configuration Work Center

2. Overview

3. Open the activity "Allowed MIME Types for Document Upload"

4. Maintain relevant MIME type

5. Save and close

Restarting error message would deliver the e-mail into the system and ticket will be created.

In case you still find any issue, please let me know.

Regards,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I did allow all MIME types as you described. I only get error messages by sending an email to inbound e-mail channel with expired validity:

"Your message with subject <RE: fgtyjrrty> received at 2015-12-28 14:25:46 (UTC) could not be delivered.

Details:

security@my308119.mail.crm.ondemand.com: <Security required: Message not signed>"

But there is still neither a reply nor ticket from sending to the rest of emails.

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nadezhda,

Can you confirm whether you have already configured Fine Tune activity for E-mail and Fax Setting? You must maintain the domain there. Also check if send to Business Partner is active.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda,

I have checked your system and found there is no e-mail channel created for incoming e-mails to create a ticket. So please create e-mail channel as per help center document "Configuring E-Mail Channels" (Setting Up E-Mail Channels - YouTube) which would resolve your issue.

Regards,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys,

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I did maintained e-mail domain:

Now I set up a channel for incomming emails:

I also set up forwarding from service_request@alpeconsulting.com to cod.b2b.servicerequest@my308119.mail.crm.ondemand.com, but it doesn't result in a ticket.

What could I miss now?

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova

arumita_sengupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda,

Could you please confirm that tickets are getting created if you use the default email id  @cod....... We have used mail forwarding and faced the same issue. We tried it with  tenant email id to check if the ticket creation is working or not. If it works, then the the issue is defining the correct forwarding arrangements in the mail server end.

Regards,

Arumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arumita,

No ticket is created by sending an email to default email cod.b2b.servicerequest@my308119.mail.crm.ondemand.com

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova

arumita_sengupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezehda,

It seems your email configure is not correct. I would create a new email channel with the cod email id  for outgoing  & incoming emails and complete the fine tuning by adding the domain and default email id. Tickets should only get created if it finds the matching email id from customer/ employee master depending on your solution, otherwise it will be in unassociated section. This is a standard functionality and should work if you complete the configuration correctly.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Arumita

arumita_sengupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the business configuration guide : Business Operations Guide for SAP Cloud for Customer  for emails set up.

Regards

Arumita

ABrowne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here's a direct link to the e-mail channel set-up topic in the current version of the

SAP Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda,

There seems to be some issue in your system. Please create an incident to support.

Regards,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I sent a ticket to support. Thank you for your input/

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda Rukavishnikova,

I facing same issue with you, did you solve the issue?

Regards,
Tony

grace_chuah3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadezhda,

You mentioned that the details error as shown below:

Details:

security@my308119.mail.crm.ondemand.com: <Security required: Message not signed>"

Please check email encryption and signature setting in Business Configuration> Open Activities List -> Fune Tuning -> email encryption and signature.check

If the incoming required signature check, then the system will do a security check on the incoming email.

Regards,

Grace Chuah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nadezhda,

Did you already check below blog?

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thank you for the link! I wonder how to do step 2 in case you use gmail?

Best regards,

Nadezhda Rukavishnikova