cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery creation with reference to ASN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of our Purchase order collaboration scenario , Once the ASN is created by supplier in SNC it should not automatically create inbound delivery in ECC.

Instead , once the Goods reaches the gate the buyer should be able to create inbound delivery wrt to ASN created by supplier.

Based on that Inbound delivery created at the gate, the Goods receipt would be done at the store.

Can you please let me know if this scenario is possible?

If Yes, then how can we create inbound delivery in ECC wrt to ASN created by supplier in SNC?

Thanks and Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

This is a basic ECC IDOC knowledge question.

You can define the IDOC processing statuses in ECC side by using customizing settings in NACE.

If you change the processing status from automatic to manual then you requirement will be handled.

Unless, you need to create custom validation profiles in SNC side for the processing and change ASN Publish settings.

Both solutions can work for you but i do not see any benefit for manual execution or messages. Thus in standard ASN scenario, inbound delivery will be created in ECC but GR can be done manually by your warehouse team.

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim,

Thanks for you reply.

First part of my question is answered, that we can control the automatic creation of inbound delivery by  ASN publication  settings both in ECC and SNC using NACE settings and validation profile respectively.

Now, second part was how can we create Inbound delivery in ECC corresponding to same ASN number once the Goods reaches the gate of our warehouse?

I agree with you that it is not a standard process as per SNC but we require inbound delivery to be created corresponding to ASN by supplier once the goods reaches our warehouse gate and after that GR being done manually in store corresponding to the Inbound delivery created.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You can create custom table and store the all ASN which are coming from SNC with all details PO,item number,ASN item number etc.

Then create Z transaction with PO as mandatory field to create inbound delivery wrt SNC ASN.

I have 1 question why can't you use VL32n to update the inbound delivery?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, we want ASN from SNC to be reference for creating the inbound delivery so that PO no, line item no, quantity and delivery date are picked up directly from ASN which supplier has created.

Using VL32n all these parameters are to be keyed in again by the buyer to created the inbound delivery. So, we were looking for a workaround with help of ASN which supplier has already created.

Since, for a single PO there can be multiple line items and multiple ASN created so we wanted to have ease at buyer side for creating Inbound delivery once the goods reaches the gate of ware house.

Also, we don't want inbound delivery to be automatically created once the supplier creates the ASN.

The inbound delivery should only be created once the goods reaches the gate of warehouse.

Please suggest if there is any other option of fulfilling this scenario.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In this case, creating Z-table in ECC and storing all SNC ASN data is one of best option.

Create Z-transaction (copy of Vl31N) such that user will enter PO number then it will fetch the snc ASN data from Z-table.

Here once goods reaches the gate of warehouse, warehouse guy should Z-tcode to perform inbound delivery.(this will create inbound delivery wrt to SNC ASN)

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)