cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding KF data for new combinations in Via Excel

Former Member

In APO DP, if you have a new CVC, but with no KF data you can still pull it in the planning view and enter the data in the planning view for various KFs.

When you save the data, the data is saved against the new CVC.

In IBP, I have an existing product A and I have KF data against it a the product-customer level.

Now I created a new product B, and I want to enter KF data for this from the Excel planning view.

I defined my filter as product A and product B but only the data for product A comes back.

I tried adding a new combination via the Excel option but still no place holders are created for product B.

My intent is to copy the KF data from product A over to the KFs of product B.

For business users, I don't want them to edit flat files and copy the data and then run imports.

Any idea what I might be missing?

We have IBP cloud solution so it should have the latest service pack level.(though I dont see the planning Object terminology in the excel menu option - still says planning combination)

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guest,

Data saving in APO DP or IBP both needs initialization. Initialization is relatively simpler in APO  by creating time series in Planning area.

IBP has multiple ways to initialize the cell. By I mean initialization is for combination of planning level , Key Figure and particular cell or bucket you may call it.

In your example planning combination of Product A at Product Customer level has been initialized where as Product B has not been initialized yet.

When you tried adding new combination via excel option do you mean you clicked "New Combination" on the excel UI. "New Combination" button would appear if you would load your KF with Product A in the planning view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I meant new combination in excel.

I filtered using product a and b and I got only a to show in excel.

then I added new combination from excel UI like you mentioned but there is no data for product b.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the UOM conversion factor for product B. Maintain with Base UOM only if there is no alternative UOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have UOM conversion for products.

We have maintained base UOM as EA.

Other products with KF data area coming up OK in Excel.

Anything else to check?

Can you please try in your system by only adding master data and checking if you can load blank KFs?

Former Member

Please send the screens of your steps - Selecting Planning levels , KF's and filter criteria , Planning view out put.

I could use the New Combination Successfully. Here is what I did , selected combination Product A , sold to customer 1 , ship to customer 2 attributes ( three attributes ) and KF1. Excel view displayed Product A as it had data. Then pressed "New Combination" and created new combination with Product A , sold to customer 3 , ship to customer 4 . In this example customer attribute values were changed where as in your example Product attribute has new value however that does not matter.

I would execute following steps in your scenario -

1. Load a Planning combination for Product A and Customer 1 for KF1 ( Assuming you have created KF as stored and editable in future ).

2. Observe you can see that data for above combination for KF1.

3. Press "New Combination" and provide Product value as Product B and Customer value C1 or as desired.

4. Maintain the value in first bucket and press save.

You can't load a KF just with filter criteria of Product B/Customer C1 in your example or with any new master data combination. It will always return no data found.

Again please attach screen prints.

Also share screen print of KF1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it seems to matter since there is already some data present for the product.

Please see the attached screen shot. For better comparison, please try and follow the sames steps as I have and let me know your observations.

Your effort to investigate the issue and help is greatly appreciated.

Former Member

Thanks for the sharing screen print. Looking at screen print the use case should work. Please try few modifications as per images attached and let me know.