cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA memory leaks in rev 110

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We were evaluating the revision 110. When we updated our sandbox we were seeing lots of high memory usage inspite of not running anything.

I am not sure if there are any problems with revision 110. There are hardly any notes regarding the same.

Has anyone else also faced the same issues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running several sanboxes with revision 110, and so far I didn't notice a memory leak.

Have a look into the view M_SERVICE_COMPONENT_MEMORY from time to time and compare the values, then you can identify which component uses up more and more memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks a ton for the help. Garbage collection is something that is actually making this happen. Any thoughts on the same?

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its very doubtful this is a memory leak for this revision.

Have you tried querying the memory allocators during the time of the high memory utilisation.

Please go to note -1969700 - SQL statement collection for SAP HANA.

Here you will find the SQL you can run to check the Memory_Overview + Memory_TopConsumers.

This will allow you to check the highest allocators in conjunction with Note 1999997.

Please also see SAP Note 1984422 - SAP HANA: Analysis of Out-of-memory (OOM) Dumps.

In relation to the Garbage Collection please see SAP Note 2169283 - FAQ: SAP HANA Garbage Collection.

KR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

It is due to GC, we see information in the trace files related to the same.I am not sure how to proceed further. I will check the note as well.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can paste the information from the trace files here?

KR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

My apologies about the delay.

Please find the trace information,

vcc_anti_ager.cc : long running uncommitted write transaction

detected

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok, I will hoping for more trace information, this only tell us that there is an issue with the GC.

If you go to SAP Note 2169283 - Section 6: What are typical reasons and solutions for problems with garbage collection?

I have also checked the Note and you are right, there is not much information in regards to the GC in SP11. I have contacted the responsible person for this so once I get an update ill be sure post it here for you.

KR

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have an incident open for this? If s could you give me the incident number?

KR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Can i private message you on the incident number please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I cannot send a direct message to you unless i am connected to you. Would you mind please sending me a message please? I can respond back to your message.

yueksel_tiryaki
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Garbage collection is the one causing problem, is it linked to GCC libraries?