cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning at warehouse

0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I am new to APO so not sure how this scenario would be. Can you help

Scenario: Businesses requirement is like to add new warehouse in APO and planning at warehouse level.Earlier we are doing only at production plant level but now want to at warehouse level.(6 warehouse)

what are processes include if I want to do Planning at warehouse

what are configuration step

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

HI DB49

I have read document not getting what I was expected. why should u give me simple example

let I have warehouse then I will create plant by type 1002 as distribution also i will assign resource to it like wise I need step to do plan at warehouse

also planning engine i will be use as Heuristics.

Hope u understand

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mannu,

Configuration would depend upon the current solution, and the detailed business requirements of the to-be solution.

In addition, APO has several planning engines, each of which would require different answers.

I suggest you consult with local experts to figure out exactly how the currently implemented solution works before you venture into creating additional functionalities (like planning at the warehouse level).  Or, if you wish to self-train, try reading the basics, found in sap online help:

Supply Network Planning - SAP Library

Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

Capable-to-Match (CTM) - Multilevel Supply and Demand Matching (SDM) - SAP Library

In addition, within Supply Network Planning, there are two major planning methods; Heuristic and Optimizer:

Comparison of the Planning Methods - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

If you are unfamiliar with APO, and you have never done such an implementation, you would probably want to use experienced local solution architects for this project.  If such SAs don't exist, the common method used is to hire a consulting company with expertise in these subject areas.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

HI DB49,

Thanks for reply

I want to do planning on newly added warehouses. My Que is that how I could add warehouse to APO. what are the config step before going for planning. My forecast is comes from third party tools so not to worry. after Forecast load to DP how could I do Planning at warehouse. How I reflect that warehouse in Planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mannu,

Re-asking the same question using different words will not change the answer.

Configuration steps will depend on the business requirements, and on the solutions that have been chosen to satisfy these requirements.  Requirements and solutions will all be documented in the Business Blueprint for the project.  If you want to know the configuration steps, I suggest you study this document.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49