cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location specific quality check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working in chemical industry space and I have the following project in hand.

I have 2 storage locations - P001 and FW04 in a single plant called 1001. My finished good (FG) quality check is done while delivering goods (MB31 - GR Movement) to any of these plants. I want to remove QC set up for just P001 and retain the QC setup in FW04 under the same plant.

Is there any way to make QC set up specific to just 1 location and not for material or batch level.?

Thanks,

Deepak Soman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not in standard set up directly. You have to go for ABAP enhancement for the same. The thread Restrict Inspection Lot Creation | SCN has the answer for this.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution.

I will put up my original problem statement here.

I work with the fragrance industry where in we mix 100 - 200 chemicals based to a secret formula to come up with desired fragrance. We  usually produce this in big vessels (ranging from 3 tonnes to 16 tonnes).

My QC setup is defined when I complete the GR entry - delivering the final product to warehouse. However, since the yield for finished product is highly fluctuating, currently the process is to download the products in final SKUs, get the accurate batch output and then complete the GR entry by booking looses.

(Ex. If I start a batch of 10 Tonnes, my final output after packing in SKUs will be 9.9 Tonnes - this final output varies drastically according to the SKUs which it is filled and viscosity of the final product).

If QC asks for a rework in this, then I will have to break open the entire SKUs and then fill it back in tanks to bring up the desired formula composition.

Hence I was thinking of more like IN PROCESS QC Check before delivering the final quantity. Is there any method in SAP to carry out IN PROCESS QC CHECK and only after the QC Approval I will be able to complete the GR Entry booking losses.

Thank, Deepak S

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soman,

you can use UserExit QAAT0001 to inactivate the inspection creation depending on storage location.