cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a complex table selection with local values from user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working in Work Manager 6.2 (SMP 3.0 SP 09). We have to create a field with type Complex Table Drop Down in some custom screen set which contains values inserted from the user. So, we create a custom section where the user can add/edit/delete record from an object. In the action of add/edit/delete, we add an update transaction for the complex table that we have to use to bind our field. In the complex table structure, we also add a property set to 0 only if the user had deleted the corresponding entry int the object. We will use this property when we are setting the binding of the Complex Table Dropdown, so we will show only the existing entries. Is this the right way to allow a "dynamic" dropdown choice for every user (those entries will never transmit to Backend)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giacomo,

I feel this is the right approach but the only limitation is if the user reset the client everything will be lost.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some problem to find the id from the object add transaction infact the second step create a new row with an empty id instead of update an existent one. Do I have to use a subaction instead of transaction? Can you tell me also the right object target to use?

Here the current structure of the main add action of the object:

The first step Works fine.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Assuming you are using a real id when adding the object in the first transaction (not a local temporary one) then if you put an Apply after the first transaction the id in the second transaction can target the last object of the collection from the add and the id property of that object.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found another solution (i copied it from the standard ), that works fine also for obj edit and delete transaction. The standard creates a string property under Main Object and saves the last Id inserted/removed/edited.

Thank you

Answers (0)