Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning level time granularity settings for Control Tower SAP5

steve_rampton2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi IBPers

I am populating the SAP5 Control Tower planning area and have a set of data ready to load. However checking the planning levels in SAP5 I see that the root attribute in the time dimension for all planning levels is set to PERIODID.

Does anyone know if this is intentional? I am more used to seeing either Months or weeks selected as for SAP2 or SAP3. Or are we supposed to select the time granularity for each planning level according to the business requirements? If it is left as is do any kf loads go into whichever daily period bucket the keyfigure date corresponds to. I assume that we have to be careful regarding attributes as kf and their from to periods?

Any advice appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

After you mentioned, I checked Control Tower Planning Area copied from SAP5 and also Inventory Planning Area copied from SAP3. In both PERIODID is marked as Root attribute for different Planning Levels while S&OP Planning Area copied from SAP2 has Monthly as Root attribute.

While I am not sure if this is intentional or by design but both custom (copied from SAP standard) Control Tower and Inventory Planning Areas with PERIODID as Root attribute works ok with keyfigure data loaded.

Regards,

Somnath

PS: Not yet checked but having PERIODID as root attribute means you can have any kind of time granularity for your Planning Model. I had Day as lowest level for Control Tower and then switched to Week. Note Planning View time buckets can be at lowest level or any of the aggregate levels.

Message was edited by: Somnath Manna

steve_rampton2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath.

Yes I agree that the flexibility to plan at any time level granularity is great. My only concern is whether there are any implications on memory sizing for large data sets. Or does it only store the periodid/kf combinations for which you load any data? In other words if you only load one kf value per week (assume the Sunday) it stores that against the periodid corresponding to the sunday of each week and stores nothing against the remaining days. Then you can view at week or 'month' etc.

Answers (0)