cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR is Not showing in Production Server, While add also error.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am facing one problem, Plz have a look On below attached images.

From development to Quality i imported one  Request it is working fine.

But if i see the Same request in production i am not able to see that request in the production.

Can any body please tell me why it is not showing in queue.

If i add it manually by using. Extras->Other Requests->Add error is displaying like

Transport Control program tp ended with error code 247.

I am importing the request in Quality as Ready to import again.

But not displaying in production May i know how could i solve the issue.

Need urgent help, Need your valuable suggestions .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the files in the OS level if everything is OK?

You will find the files in Domain Controller (usr/sap/trans).

Can you try the below:

in QAS, go to the STMS, Import Que for the system QAS.

Select (Click) on the request.

in the menu:Request>>Forward>>System

Please try this and let us know if you get the same error.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI, Sir, Thanks for your reply.

Did you check the files in the OS level if everything is OK?

You will find the files in Domain Controller (usr/sap/trans).

I had not check it. I dont have user permissions.

But

I did what u asked me to do.

in QAS, go to the STMS, Import Que for the system QAS.

Select (Click) on the request.

in the menu:Request>>Forward>>System

Working Fine.  But I have one questions. What is the mistake i did.

Can u please Explain.  First i would like to explain what i did.

1)I got a requirement to change the smart forms. In one request  I did it everything is ok, Waiting for client approval

2)Regarding smart form related work they had assigned one more work. I did it

Under the same tr the newly task was assigned like

tr: vedk0001

task1: vedk0002

task2: vedk0003

Now client is asked me to move only vedk0003 , If i move vek0001 tr . all the changes will move to produciton.

But client was asked only  VEDK0003.

So, lot of search i used transport copies. I opens Se01, create the  New Tr and using transport copies

I moved the  tasks of vedk0001 to new tr.

then in new tr contains all like vedk002 and vedk003. i need to move only vek0003.

in se01 i open the new tr and i double click on the tr, It is showing the all the tasks

I deleted the vedk002. I don't want to need this one. Old tr also having the same objects.

then i released the tr and while importing in qr , i imported as ready to import again.

The above steps i fallowed. I am only one person dis changes in Tr. other not allowed.

->Now please tell me is there any mistake in the above steps.

->In what case request forward will be useful. Can u please explain.

->I have one more questions. A smart form is having some changers their Trs are like.

1-change vedk001

2-change vedk002

3-change vedk003

->all are tasks released and all are  in depended task,One is not related to other tr.

My questions shall i import  vedk0003 first,  any thing will happens ,or is there any rule

tr will be import as per their order.

Thanks for your reply.Need your valuable suggestions.

shirley_wang2012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use "transport of copies" in SE01, it will not follow the transport route.

That means, it is not like the normal "customizing request" or "workbench request",.The request which is created by "transport of copies" will not be automatically added to production system when you import it to your quality system. You need to manually forward it.Or alternatively you can manually add the request into the import queue and move the cofile & Data file to the transport directory of your production system.

Best regards,

Shirley Wang

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Point Noted.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>Transport Control program tp ended with error code 247.<<

If the TMS is configured correctly then the transport should appear in the queue automatically. If you are unable to add the transport requests then check the existence of files from the OS level from the Production server. The transport directory should be accessible there. If you are unable to access then ask someone who has access to the OS level to check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check TRANSPORT GROUP (transport directory) in STMS of Production system. It should be same as Quality. Your production system is not getting data and cofiles means that trans directory is not reachable to Production systems. probably reasons are...

1. STMS Transport Group is different than Quality. Then Production is using separate trans directory than Quality. In that case in your STMS_IMPORT of PRD, you need to execute SYNCHRONIZATION button to copy data and cofiles  from dev/qas trans directory to PRD trans directory.

2. Mention the same Transport group in PRD and mount trans directory of dev as it is mounted in QAS. Then the same trans directory will become available to Production.

Let me know if you need more clarifcation.

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check is there any tp processes gets hangs at OS level from long time, if yes then kill it and try to import the request again.

Regards,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be co-file and data-file for corresponding TR is not created in Target system. You can do it manually.

Go to the OS level of Quality system (usr/sap/trans/) and copy corresponding TRs cofile and datafile to the cofile and datafile folder in the production system OS level.

Then again try to add the TR through Extras->Other Requests->Add

Transport will be added to import buffer queue

Regards,

Kiran

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

How could i go to below path.

(usr/sap/trans/)

Is above one is sharing folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to login to database level using SIDadm credentials. In that system look out for drive containing SAP data and then follow the path (usr > sap > trans > cofile/data).

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did your functional guy or programmer test the functionality in QUALITY system before moving to PRODUCTION system?

In image -1 it is QUALITY system and status is ready to import.In image -2 it is production system .

I suggest you to check the error message what system is saying by clicking on where system shows the exact error of the program.You can also check with the person you created request for incompatibilities of spro settings.

Mean while just try re importing the same request in QUALITY and try in PRODUCTION system.

Reagards,

Pardhu

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did your functional guy or programmer test the functionality in QUALITY system before moving to PRODUCTION system?

Me Only created the Tr in Dev,In Dev working fine, Quality also working fine. But not able to find the tr in production.

In image -1 it is QUALITY system and status is ready to import.In image -2 it is production system .

Yes, Image-1 is quality and image-2 is at production.

I was thought tr was imported into quality as ready to import again. bcz of this the tr is not showing in production. Image-2 is , i was added manually then i got this error.

Mean while just try re importing the same request in QUALITY and try in PRODUCTION system.

This is also i did it. No use. Still not able to find the Tr in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the cofile and data file for the particular TR at OS level in /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles directory

The file should be of name K#######.SID R#######.SID, check if they have proper permission.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

os level means in my sharing path .

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is there any recent upgrades or client copy done in your system.

Please also check the

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, We have not changed, all other trs working fine. Only this tr only.

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello:

The error is telling that system is not able to find the Data and Co files in transport directory of your production system. How is your transport route setup? Is the transport directory shared amongest DEV/QA and PROD? To ensure that this transport appears in the import queue of your production system the data and cofiles for this transport must be accessible at the OS level of this system in the transport directory.

Thanks.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

My Transport route setup is Dev/Qa and production.

All Trs working fine. Only particular tr i am getting the problem.

System is not new. 2 years on words importing and creating trs.

In Quality the tr was imported correctly and changes had imported properly.

But only particular trs giving the problem.

Now, How could i import that tr in Production any alternative. Can u plz update me.

What should i do.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i see the in quality Transport log Of particular request.

It is Showing the below error. please have a look on below attached image.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Return code 4 is fine . It is not an error . Can you try to check manually if the data and cofiles are present in the trans directory ?

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can u plz Tell me Where could i check it.

Need valuable suggestions.