cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas authorisation object P_RUNTIME checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have not yet implemented PERSONAS but there has been some basic configuration during our EHP upgrade and some services appear to be active in SICF.  Authorisation failures are now appearing against transactions in the SAP GUI eg P_RUNTIME failure for transactions SMEN and SUIM and standard SAP end user transactions and workflows.

It would be possible for me to assign P_RUNTIME to all users to remove these failures, but I want to find out why these authorisation checks are happening on non-PERSONAS transactions.

Any ideas or advice?

thanks in advance.

Hayley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Personas 3.0 hooks into the DYNP and this causes the authorization checks since the backend has to decide whether the current user has access to Personas to re-render the screen. If you don't use Personas and want to stop these authorization checks, you can disable the tool system-wide according to this KB article: Deactivating SAP Screen Personas - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

thank your for the reply, I will follow the instructions on the KB article you have referred me to.

regards

Hayley

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again Tamas

just a follow up question - we cannot use the individual SAP Logon pad change as the GUI is rolled out centrally and locked from individual user update.  I have spoken to the manager and it is not possible to roll out a new version with the changed settings.

Personas 300 SP 0001 is implemented, so although the /personas/sttngs table exists there is no maintenance dialogue.

SAP Note 2210328 suggests create a job to update the table - just wanted to check if this would work in my case at SP 0001 to stop the authorisation checks occurring.

thanks

Hayley

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That note is specifically for SP01 so yes, this should work.

I quickly checked in an internal system that's still on SP01 and I had no problem with maintaining the table via transaction SM30 though...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

thanks for checking.  I just tried again in our system.

The message I get is:

View/table/PERSONAS?STTNGS can only be displayed and maintained with restrictions.

The underlying information reads message SV792 You can only edit the data in the environment of another program or a view cluster.

I need to change the settings in SE11 - not sure why this is different to your SP01 version.

regards

Hayley

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't get this message when I edit the table in our SP01 system.

Wondering whether your Personas environment is fully up-to-date. You may be missing some necessary note based on the master note 2175479.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

I agree, I suspect the environment was not fully configured as the team abandoned the project because of IE problems as they weren't able to upgrade to the necessary level.  I think they may be coming back to restart it so we should be able to get it sorted out in the longer term, in the meantime I'll use the work around to stop the authorisation failures occurring.

Thanks for all your assistance.

regards

Hayley

Answers (0)