cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a text field in flowed subform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have recently started working in Adobe forms. I am facing a problem while hiding a text field in subform. The subform is flowed,

so I am expecting that whenever a text field is hidden dynamically, the next in line text field should take its place. But in my form a small

gap is left behind between the fields. I have tried many approaches but none appears to solve the issue.

Please suggest a possible solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Tejeswar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tejeswar,

Flowed sub form with Top to bottom or Western Text should ideally work. If this is not working, then you might have placed this sub form in Master Page. It should not be Master Page. It should be in Design View(Body Page).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for responding. You are right about the sub form being placed in the Master Page. The requirement is such that I have a dynamic table with around 20 columns and the header Row column text is dynamic. Some columns are hidden depending upon the data. And of course the the header needs to repeat on top of every page if data overflows. On the first page it is working fine but when overflow is happening from page 2 on wards the header row is getting misaligned .

to solve that issue I have placed the sub form in Master Page..Is there any work around for the problem?

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tejeswar,

The header sub form is misaligned from 2nd page because the overflow leader sub form is of type flowed. You should use Overflow leader with positioned sub form. You can see my answer in the below thread.

Note: Going further, for such complex requirements, try to use Table object rahher than designing Table with sub forms.

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thanks for the analysis, I already tried the approach you mentioned with the header sub sorm as positioned, but the problem with this approach is that when I am hiding some columns dynamically(depending upon the data content), the column objects are becoming rigid they are holding onto their position instead of taking place of the hidden object. Its like a deadlock situation.

I think I should redesign the form with Table object approach. Thanks again for the quick reply really appreciate it.