cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager monitor managed system without Diagnostics Agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pretty new to solution manager.I have some questions that need somebody can confirm for me.

1.If I only use solution manager to monitor the application level of managed system ,do not monitor operating system and database. Whether or not I do not need  install the Diagnostics Agent on managed system.

2.If I have installed the Diagnostics Agent on managed system .whether or not I need restart the managed system?

3.If I connect Diagnostics Agent to solution manager directly by using smdsetup script.  I just need restart the Diagnostics Agent,but I don't need restart the whole managed system.Yes?

Regards,

Lajumbo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lajumbo,

Answering your questions:

1) You do have to install the Diagnostics Agent on the managed system, most of the metrics, not only OS and DB, are collected via functions executed via the Diagnostics Agent. There are some metrics, for ABAP systems, that are collected via RFC call from the Solution Manager to the managed system, but this will not be enough for monitoring the application level.

2) No, you do not have to restart the managed system after installing the Diagnostics Agent. The agent is like a system apart.

3) To connect the Diagnostics Agent to the Solution Manager, you can use the script as described in KBA 1907909, it's not necessary to restart any of them. It's only necessary to restart the Diagnostics Agent in case you have to change the connection details of the smdsetup script, in that case, you have to stop the agent, run the script, and restart the agent.

Kind regards,

Daniel.