cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to SAP integration without PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How can we integrate an SAP system with another SAP system without PI?

integration involves a file transfer with an acknowledgement from target system.

What are the different ways this can be achieved?

Thanks & Regards

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

best way to integrate two SAP systems with out PI is always ALE/IDOC approach which supports acknowledgements as well.You should be more specific about your requirement about the the file generation.Why you are creating file why don't you trigger an Idoc?

Cheers

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I got a consulting question from one of our client saying that, They are not using PI, But have to transfer files between two SAP systems. As you mentioned, The best way should be triggering an IDOC.

But, I have an another question here. As it is communication between SAP Systems, Can we do a File transfer here? (Through FTP)?

Then we have to use EDI right? As per my knowledge, it should not be possible through ALE

Can you please explain me in detail?

Thanks & Regards

Swetha

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I think the RFC option is a good way as well to do the connection. Also, sometimes depending of the business logic it is not a bad idea to use the webservice runtime (abap proxies) or the SAP Netweaver Gateway for Rest scenarios.

The FTP connection is possible, even you have standard module functions like FTP_R3_TO_SERVER. You would need to talk with the network team and the basis team to prepare the ports.

Regards,

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

One way to achieve this is using Interface Manager.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks a ton for your reply !!

If possible could you please prompt to a link or any material which can help me on suggested approach.

Thanks and Regards,

Swetha.