cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Inactive Code Group Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for a way to transport Code Group Codes with the Inactive flag set -

I have recently loaded a large number of Catalog Code Groups and Codes using an LSMW. the system is configured to require Code Groups to be Transported (not an option to turn this off...) so I selected the Transport option in QS41 and selected the codes I loaded. This transport moved through the landscape with no issues -

several months later the business completed a rationalization project on the set of codes - I loaded the new data using the same LSMW. I found that the LSMW would delete from an existing code group any code not included in the load file. this actually saved me some work, not having to go back through and delete the unwanted codes one by one. I proceeded to add the codes to a transport as before, using QS41.

What I have found it that the deletion of codes - setting the Inactive flag - is not included in the transport, and now I have codes in my production system that were deleted in the configuration client.

If anyone has a way to add deleted codes to a transport so they can be set to deleted (Inactive flag set) in the rest of the landscape, I would be grateful!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps this will make the issue more clear -

in Development - in QS41 I see

if I look at the table QDCP - NOTE the number of codes with the Inactive flag set

if I use QS41 and select Transport - I see only the Active codes - the Inactive codes are not available to be selected for inclusion in the Transport

when I look in Quality -

transaction QS41 - I see all the code that in Development are Active (starts with 6) and Inactive (starts with 5) are Active in Quality -

the codes starting with 5 were part of the initial data load. the codes were revised but the SMEs, the codes starting with 5 were replaced with the codes starting with 6 -

I need to transport the codes from Development, with the Inactive flag, so that the codes that are inactive in Development and set to inactive in Quality, and Production.

Hope that clears things up -

Thanks in advance for any help!

Seth Cromley

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can delete them in DEVELOPMENT and create a new request and then transport.

Prerequisites: Code groups are not used in any of the transactional data.

If Code groups are already used in any transactional data and you want them to make inactive,you can only make them inactive by assigning "Status of code group" as 3- Can no longer be used or 4 -Deletion flag with new request.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardhu -

I cannot delete them in Development, they are already flagged Inactive, so they are not displayed in QS41

the code are not used in any transactional data - Inspection Lots, Notifications or Selected Sets - the Usage flag is clear

thanks,

Seth

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Did your LSMW deleted the entries completely or just set them as inactive ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayoub -

the records are flagged Inactive - they are visible in table QPCD

thanks,

Seth

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Please check also the settings in Catalog Type if the option Deactivate is checked or not.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayoub -

Verified, for Catalog 5 and 9