Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I start the DBUA (oracle upgrade) - powershell script

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing a Oracle database upgrade from 10.2.0.5 to 11.2.0.4 version. This is a SAP SRM 7.0 running on windows server 2003 x64.

I´m following the instructions in oracle upgrade guide (11.2.0.4) and now I´m in chapter "4.6 Performing the Database Upgrade", I´m trying to run the DBUA from PowerShell script (sap note 1431793). But I´m facing an error when I try to run the .\dbua,sap.ps1 (in cd <ORACLE_HOME>\sap\ora_upgrade\post_upgrade)

PS C:\oracle\SWO\11204\sap\ora_

upgrade\post_upgrade> .\dbua.sap.ps1
the database SWO is running on Oracle release "10.2.0.5.0 Production".
Oracle home is "C:\oracle\swo\102".
one or more 10.2 Oracle home(s) found
no 11.2 Oracle home found

I checked the ORACLE_HOME variable... and it is correct... it points to the current (old) ORACLE HOME (the 10.2.0.5 version):

All the oracle database services of 10.2 version are running/started.

Can you tell me what is the cause for this error? How can I solve this situation for I can run the dbua wizard (from powershell) without problems.

Please, help me.

Thank you,

BR,

JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below mentioned thread

Upgrading to 11.2.0.2 - dbua problem | SCN

Also make sure the ORACLE_HOME and files under it have correct owner and permissions.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

First of all thank you to trying to help me.

I already solve this issue... the problem was in the ORACLE_HOME variable... the correct value is the new 11.2g version (ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\SWO\11204 and not the C:\oracle\SWO\102. Other things we must take in count... all the current (old) Oracle services need to be started and the database must be running.

Now I´m facing other problem... with invalid objects during the pre_upgrade scripts.

I will open a new thread here in SCN community.

Thank you,

João Dimas

Answers (0)