Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe PDF Print Directly

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Could you please suggest me how to print the Adobe form directly from Webdynpro screen,

Now i am able to view the PDF but i need to print the form directly, is there any settings to be done while designing the Adobe form?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinodkumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodkumar,

You have to consider following scenarios:

1. Print with preview
    1. on local-printer
      1. nothing to do. the embedded PDF reader does that. (as Gabor mentioned)
    2. on SAP networkprinter
      1. same as scenario 2.1
  2. Print without preview:
    1. using an SAP networkprinter
      1. This is pure abap programming! you should create a functionmodule (FM) to realize your direkt print on your SAP-printer. Summarized logik of this FM is: (Check ABAP-forum for this headwords)
        1. use FM 'ISH_ADOBEFORMS_GET' to retrieve your forms FM. then using FMs 'FP_JOB_OPEN', your forms FM and 'FP_JOB_CLOSE' to create a spooljob for the printout.
      2. Furthermore you have to think about how to choose the printer and number of copies. This could be a WD Popup to choose printer and number of copies.
    2. using an local (windows) printer
      1. I assume you can write an *.exe/*.bat which you can call from WD passing the PDF (as XSTRING) to popup the standard OS print-window.
        1. Headwords: calling local OS programs from WD... WD whitelist configuration... Browser security-configuration.

I hope you can get an idea of your issue with these notes and conclude a solution.

Regards

ismail

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodkumar,

If you make the Adobe toolbar visible, you can easily print the form.

For example scenarios check the WDR_TEST_ADOBE application.

Best regards,

Gabor

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabro,

Thanks for your response, i have gone through the Standard Component WDR_TEST_ADOBE

but i am unable to find  the exact solution how to set the Print option directly.

Regards,

Vinodkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant that if the PDF toolbar is visible on the page, you can use the print button directly.

Thanks,

Gabor