cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve a ARM stage from a background process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been dropped into the middle of GRC project implementing ARM.  I am ABAP/PI/Workflow developer and not very familiar with GRC.   I have been able to see how GRC MSMP configuration is controled by the event linkages and kicks off  The MSMP configuration has been completed, for the most part, but there is a requirement that at a stage of the approval process the approval needs to be performed by a backend process which is keyed from an interface.

The scenario would be as follows.    There is a requirement that training be completed in order to approve the ARM request.   The training is linked to a Role assignment.   An external trading partner will confirm the training for the role as been completed and this will be provided to GRC from via an interface.

The request is sitting in the Training Coordinator approve stage.   The interface receives the training completion notice. 

How do I approve/submit the request without manual intervention from the training coordinator?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

The stage needs to have an agent id to be approved Could you check if agent id(of approver), can be a web service call, external to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There would be an agent assigned at this point.   I'm assuming I can add a dummy agent that is only used for the automatic approval called SYSTEM or something like that.

The approval is coming from a SOAP message routed through my PI box.

former_member235395
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think that you need a Inbound Interface, i don´t know if exist PI box. So, your Interface will invoke the Approve stage for coordinator.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have an inbound interface from an external system that will tell me the training requirement has been completed.   I know the REQ_ID of the request and should be able to tell it is sitting at the training coordination stage.

What I don't know is how to approve the REQ_ID without human intervention.   There will be agents assigned and I'm assuming I can create a dummy agent called SYSTEM or something that would be the approver when the background approval occurs.

Technically, how do I do that though?   What function, class/method (s) do I call to do that?

I see there is and event called STAGE_COMPLETED associated with the class CL_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_WF which is started when the approval process starts.