Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI message size & traffic analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Need your help!

I have the requirement to analyze PI message size and overall traffic by interfaces using Solution Manager 7.1 SP14.

If I`m right, the System monitoring and Integration monitoring don`t provide any related metrics to be received from agent.

Maybe Data Volume Management has some feature to collect data from PI DB, but I`m not sure.

Could anyone help me is it any way to collect and analyse PI messages size and traffic?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolasberthier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

for your requirement I would recommend implementing Interface Channel Monitoring (Channel Type PI). This is part of Technical Monitoring/Integration Monitoring

PiMon_Home - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

ICMON_SETUP_SP12 - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

ICMON_TroubleShooting - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Basically you start by configuring PI monitoring into SAP Solution Manager. When the configuration is done, Solman will run extractors to get the PI messages information from the different components of your PI domain. From there, you can then setup Interface Channel Monitoring (Channel Type PI) and either receive alerts or store metrics into BW for the PI interfaces you choose (for instance number of successful messages, number of failed messages, etc).

Hope that helps

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nicolas.

Thanks for your answer.

Really I`ve already tried to setup ICMon, but, unfortunately, predefined metrics and BW cube`s infoobjects exctracted from PI system don`t contain message size.

Here is the list of available infoobjects in attach.

Is it any way to extend ICMon extractor?

Best regards,

Sergey.

nicolasberthier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey, sorry I missed your point

I don't think there is an easy way of extending the standard ICmon capability

Answers (0)