Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad Designer: clarification about Catalog and Group

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i would like to have clarification about Business Catalog and Business Group found in the Launchpad Designer.

Indeed, for SAP Fiori principal apps 1.0 for SAP SRM, i have SAP_SRM_BC_BUYER_X1 role among Catalogs and SAP_SRM_BCG_BUYER_X1 among Groups.

For Catalog SAP_SRM_BC_BUYER_X1, you configure mapping for each Fiori applications.

For Group SAP_SRM_BCG_BUYER_X1, what is the use of it?

You have to add those two SAP tiles to your PFCG role which will launch Fiori applications. But if you create a specific Fiori application (do not care about Odata authorizations with TADIR services, this is not my request) and you want to add it to your PFCG role, you need to create a specific SAP FIORI tile catalog and group: you do this using Fiori Launchpad Designer.

Now, if i want to have the three standard SRM Fiori applications and my specific application in the same Catalog, do i have to do the same for the Group or the Group is automatically generated based on the Catalog?

Other point to clarify. In Catalogs from the Fiori Launchpad Designer, i have SAP_SRM_TC_T_X1 which is defined in the Fiori Apps Library as a "Technical Catalog".

What is a "technical catalog"? What is its use?

In PFCG transaction, corresponding role is SAP_SRM_TCR_T_X1 which has name "SAP Role for SRM - Transactional Apps". What is its use?

Finally, always in the Fiori Apps Library, a "PFCG role for Business Catalog" SAP_SRM_BCR_BUYER_X1 is decribed. What is its use?

For me, the only relevant FPCG roles for SAP Fiori principal apps 1.0 for SAP SRM are:

- SAP_SRM_SC_APV_APP

- SAP_SRM_SC_CREATE_APP

- SAP_SRM_SC_TRACK_APP

Thank you to anyone to give more precisions about those points.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

catalogs can be considered as role based offering of tiles that can be available for a user. groups are actual set of tiles that are displayed on the launchpad of the user. a tile can be in a catalog, but you can make the decision that you don't put it by default to a group which is assigned to a user. (of course in personalization the user still can select this tile from the tile catalog and put it to a personalized group). but if you put a tile into a group and assign it to a user, but this tile is not available via a catalog role too, then the tile won't work.

I hope this clarifies your questions.

BR, Janos

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Janos,

thank you for your explaination: it confirms what i understood by "playing" with the SRM Fiori Apps

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

any ideas?

Regards.

Laurent.