Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user for changing and release budget for level 1 WBS

himalya_vashistha
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Can anyone help me through this -

I want to restrict some user to change in level 1 wbs budget either original or release.

For e.g.

below is the WBS structure of my project

C-15TST01

C-15TST01-01

C-15TST01-01-01

C-15TST01-01-02

C-15TST01-02

C-15TST01-02-01

So I want if user can only distribute the budget from root WBS to child WBS but can not change the budget in root WBS in CJ30 or CJ32 transaction.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

if you use user status with Auth key than you will restrict any user to prevent budgeting on different WBS but you need to set appropriate user status on requirered WBS.

like when you want to assign budget to level 1 WBS where user 1and user status is 1

than after assigning, you can change user status 2 for WBS 2 so that user 2 can distribute that.

WBS1     User status 1     Auth Key 1     User 1

WBS 2      User status 2     Auth Key 2     User 2

then only you can restrict this.

try this in dev system first.

Hope this will solve your problem.

thanks

Sunil

himalya_vashistha
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Appreciate your effort, can you please elaborate in detail.

Thanks

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

create two auth key (A1, A1)

create two user status (B1, B2) and assign these auth key to user status.

now Assign Auth object to user "B_USERSTAT" and "B_USERST_T" where you can maintain status profile, auth key, and object category.

now if user status B1 is set to WBS than user 1 will able to assign budget and if B2 is set then user 2 will able to distribute. depending on levels as per your requirement.

this might be difficult but hope using this you will able to control user.

with the help of these you can control user to budget and then distribute.

thanks

Sunil

himalya_vashistha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Really appreciate your effort but by using this method user 2 can distribute but we can not restrict user 2 to change the top level wbs value. Can we do in any way functionality like Investment management by using PS only.

Thanks

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

this whole process is not tested by me, i am just assuming there might be some modification according to requirement.

if a WBS has user status where budgeting transaction is blocked/forbidden than how user will able to assign budget.

please test this in dev system.

thanks

Sunil

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you have two options:

1. Using a user status to prevent a budget change.

2. Using Investment Management when level 1 budget is allocated from IM and not accessible for direct change in PS at top level.

Regards,

Paulo

himalya_vashistha
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo for such information.

Through IM I know the solution, Is there any possibility we can restrict user by Validation or authorization object.

Thanks

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not by validation, since it is for the master data and not for the business transaction.

You can associate an authorization object with a user status, since I believe you want this restriction only to specific group of users and not for all users.

Regards,

Paulo