cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see message payload in Message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending xml messages from HTTP client and it's fetching data from RFC.

I am not able to see the message conetent in PO message monitoring. Scenario is successful.

I am suing this blog

what should i do to see the message payload in Po? since it's RFC i am not able to see in SXMB_MONI of ECC also

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Is scenario synchronous? (since you wrote you fetch data from receiver system via RFC, I would assume, it is synchronous communication, by please confirm that). If so, by default Adapter Engine doesn't keep payload of synchronously processed messages. You can change this by change value of a property syncMessageRemover.removeBody (Java service XPI Service: Messaging System) to false. (for more details, see SAP Notes 1872758 and 1507698). Please note that even though it is technically feasible, it is not recommended for production environments - a reason for this is, synchronously processed messages are kept in memory of Adapter Engine, and keeping their payload will increase their memory footprint and may negatively affect entire memory consumption.

Depending on your logging needs, you may also get use of message logging functionality offered by Adapter Engine in releases 7.3 and higher, and described in SAP Note 1760915 and .

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim

I tried a REST synchronous scenario. I am able to read the message for that in Message Monitor.

When i try synchronous scenario from HTTP client, I am not able to see the payload.

I don't think it has to do with syncMessageRemover.

Both are synchronous scenarios only..

ideallyhttp client sends xml messages and it should be visible right

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

Did you check the ICO for both the scenarios? Does the REST Scenario has the Loggin/Staging enabled whereas your HTTP isn't?

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

the configs were same in both ICOs and I found that strange.

I activated scenario specific and I got to se the message in Message monitor.

I am able to see the payload sent back by RFC in response flow

In request flow, I am not able to see the message. I downloaded it, it is downloaded as a .rar file and size zero..

wonder where the sender payload went