cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range For Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All Experts,

How to give billing document no. range year dependent.

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

SD document number ranges should not be year dependent; instead it should be a continuous.  Try to convince the client to go with Best Practice.  Still if they are not willing, then you can try with billing user exit which has already been suggested here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Syed,

Go to Tcode VN01 and create no range and then go tocde VOFA and assign it.

eg: 2015 / Z100 / Z1 = ZZ

where Z100 -= Sales Org & Z1 = Dist Channel &

ZZ = Number range Interval (maintain number ranges in  VN01 for ZZ- Make sure interval should not be overlap with other number ranges, but i dont think its possible.

eg:

Z1:2016--> 1000 - 9000

at the same time you can’t create another number range in VN01 as Z2:1000-9000 ( numbers will overlap)

Hope this will help you.

DJ

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In some cases the reason behind such request is a country-specific legal requirement.

I remember something of that sort for Italy.

If this is the case for you, please double-check with the legal consultant for which specific billing types you would need this functionality and also whether number range buffering should be restricted.

Another option is to populate a different field to identify the billing documents for the purposes of legal reporting - it may be a good idea to check whether some localization solution already exists.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there some specific problem that you face with implementing the logic in RV60AFZZ -> userexit_number_range?