cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Hub Architecture - Transporting Customizing TR

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Hi Experts,

I would like to understand, How the transport of customizing request can be handled while transporting these requests from SAP Netweaver  Gateway Development to SAP Gateway Production server.

We are having Central Hub Architecture.

The challenges are how to go for connections between Netweaver Gateway Production server to (Backend)ECC Production ? So do we need to do activity on Netweaver Gateway Prod server or ECC Prod server.

Suggestion and reply appreciated on this.

Regards

Pavan G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

There are two options:

1. You maintain common generic names for system aliases and RFC destinations as has mentioned. In this approach, you just create RFC destination GW to ECC in your Q or P environment with the common name same as you had created in Dev system. Then just transport the system alias entries to production environment.

2. You maintain different names of RFC destinations in dev, Q & P environment then you need to maintain system alias and assign it to your gateway service as post transport activity in each environment.

I would recommend you to go ahead Approach 1.

Regards,

Ekansh

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Thanks Ekansh it was quite helpful in my Go-Live activity (TR movement )

--Pavan G

Message was edited by: Pavan Golesar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brian_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

Firstly we use generic RFC names between Gateway to ECC, For instance,

GWTOECC, will appear in DEV and PROD enviroments.

Secondly we modify the host server in SM59, which does not need Transport request.

In DEV enviroment, we also have two clients, one for development and the other is for testing.

we use system alias to rout the request to different clients.

in this way, for each of the service in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, we have two system aliases for single service.

regards,

Yueqiang

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Thanks for the response,

So we have to maintain two system alias for same service.!! thats it..

Regards,

Pavan G