cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach a localmember to a specific cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I've been attaching local members by using the Month Dimension. Our client is trying to make the templates I've created to be more flexible, currently when they change the time period, the template messes up.

Are there other options that I can be using to correct this issue.

Thanks,

Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

DEar Louis

it looks as if you try to provide quarterly sums?

you can calcukate that in the backend, which means you cannot mess it up with excel

but disadvantage is that it can only be calculated in a seperate calculated key figure and with that you cannot display it in the same row

WHat exactly do users change here that messs up the views?

I Would say you already have an issue even if the users dont change anything, as your formula will need adjustment every year because you hardcoded the time horizon

Maybe you will be able to find some logic that checks on periodid0-value by e.g. substract first 2000 from the (rolling) values so you end uo instead of 2037 with 37, than devide by 12 and take the rest 36/12 +1 -> rest 1 equaling to e.g. January Or similar, depending on your loaded time Profile?

IF you cannot do that in the formula directly in one step, you could have a hidden line (hide the row(s)) in which you set a value by checking the entry of your time profile, e.g. if 2036 would equal to January, than check as described below and set value 1, Feb and march as well, april -june would be 2 and so on, and than use a sumif in the formula

Enjoy

Irmi