cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit2(VEKP-EXIDV2) is over writing with Handling Unit1(VEKP-EXIDV)

Former Member

Hello LE experts,

We have an issue with Handling Unit2(VEKP-EXIDV2). 

We are raising a PO to the external vendor. Vendor will create a Sales Order with ref to our PO and then create a Outbound Delivery.

When vendor do the Outbound delivery, Inbound Idoc will create automatically in our system through EDI which creates an Inbound Delivery and update to the PO in our SAP system.

In Inbound Idoc we have HU2(VEKP-EXIDV2) information which means the vendor handling unit. Now the issue is, when Inbound delivery is creating by Inbound Idoc, HU2(VEKP-EXIDV2) is over writing with HU1(VEKP-EXIDV) which is not correct.

I need an help how this HU2(VEKP-EXIDV2) is over writing with HU1(VEKP-EXIDV) and how to correct it.

Thanks in advance for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please elaborate more in detail as the incoming IDoc creates only inboun deliver and updated the HU information how this is getting overwrittern, if possible please share the E1EDL37 segment detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Here I am attaching E1EDL37 segment details.

EXIDV = $0001 it means, New HU will create in IBD

EXIDV2 = P4609_1. This is overwriting with HU1 after IBD created.

Thank you

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you are expecting system to cerate the EXIDV whatever value you will pass further system will overwrite that, normally ASN always contain the physical HU number and then we accept that as it is in our system(external number range).

Is it possible for you to share the reason why do you want system to create HU number rather then accepting the physical HU number which is coming with the truckload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply.

As per our business, we are receiving the goods with ref to the vendor HU only.

To track the vendor HUs, we are creating the new HUs(EXIDV) in our system and updating the vendor HU in VEKP-EXIDV2.

This is working fine for one WH and not working fine for other WH.

I have checked all the configuration, but not where this will over write.

Thanks