cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messagebox disapears if location.reload present

Former Member
0 Kudos

Empty form loads, data entered,call to backend and SAP tables updated, response (201) received, Alert with response shows, location.reload(true) sets the form back to blank. This scenario works ok, however, if the alert is replaced with a sap.m.MessageBox then the message box does not show, the reload takes effect but no message box.

How can I force the MessageBox to show followed by the location.reload(true) to empty out the screen and start again. I have tried placing the jQuery.sap.require("sap.m.MessageBox") at the top of the controller. I also tried placing it in the line directly above the sap.m.MessageBox.show.. but it still disappears and does not come up when there is a location.reload(true). MessageBox works on its own and location .reload works on its own but when they are both present the location.reload causes the MessaegBox to have no effect (never show).  I am running from SAP WEBIDE. Do you think it would be any different if I deployed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_keller3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Margaret,

May I suggest you move the discussion to another space (I guess this is related to UI5/Fiori?) in order to bring it to the attention of the community who would be able to answer?

It is currently tagged in "UI Logging", which is a data security solution in SAP Netweaver - you're probably not addressing the right audience here!

Merry Christmas!

Tobias Keller (moderator UI Logging)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done more testing and I have found that the message box comes up but flashes past and then the window clears. This still does not help me get it to stop and wait for a response.