cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BW on HANA lincense cover creation of Write Enabled procedure ?

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

Does BW on HANA license cover creation of a custom table under BW Schema or any other schema and inserting data to table using SQL Script Procedure ?

If this is not covered under BW on HANA license, does it cover under HANA as an appliance with SLT?

Tried to go through some license documents, could not really understand and get the confirmation.  Thanks for your help in advance !!

Cheers

Anindya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

What is so unique about it? Why do you think you need additional license for creating a table under BW schema and insert data using SQL Script procedure?

Sunil

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because Basis team thinks we might need additional license , so I need confirmation.

My scenario is , I have BW on HANA system .  On the same database I have a table which we replicate via SLT in a different schema.

I created a model which takes data from both BW schema and SLT schema .  Requirement is to store the data of the model ( Calculation View) in a custom table.   Just need to confirm that does not call for additional license fee.

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Never came across such limitations on HANA that needs additional license

Please open a SAP support message if you need an official statement, as per my understanding you should not be required to have an additional license for this action

Sunil

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil, let's see what others has to say.

any input from you guys ?

Cheers

Anindya

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Custom table creation not required additional license.

BW on SAP Hana can license Hana in two ways:

1. By units of 64 gigabytes. This is priced as a flat fee per unit for up to 10 units, and the price then decreases with every additional 10 units a customer buys. Future licensing purchases are accretive and retroactive.

2. By software application value. Customers pay a percentage of their total SAP purchase price and receive an unlimited runtime license for BW. This licensing option is also available, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) on Hana.

Regards,

V Srinivasan