cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch status of successor documents within Request For Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on ChaRM setup in Solman 7.1 SP10. I have created additional custom status as 'UAT completed' and 'Approved for production' in both RFC and Normal change.

I have a requirement where user want to set a status in RFC which automatically update the status in change documents within that RFC instead updating each and every change document within RFC.

E.g: If I mark the RFC as UAT completed, it should update status all the change document within that RFC by moving it from current status to next status (UAT successful) automatically.

I could see options to switch status of Predecessor documents under Status Attributes for Transaction types, But I don't see the other way where specific status of Predecessor automatically moves the status of successor document.

Please let me know if scenario is possible to configure or does it require ABAP expertise to create some custom BADI.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised an oss message to SAP with this query and SAP mentioned that Solution Manager 7.1 doesn't have this functionality. I was looking into functionalities newly added for ChaRM in 7.2. I saw there are more standard ChaRM actions included and one of them is SET_SUCCDOC to set successor documents status. I believe, with proper configuration this action should help in controlling change documents based on status of Request for change in 7.2. Regards, Arun

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

The auto update of the Successor documents based on the current document is not available. The Status change of the current document is rather validated against the status of the different Successor documents.

Under the same place "specify status attributes" you have the option to "Specify required status values for successor". If the status values of the successor documents are maintained here then these are checked when the status change of the main document happens.

Considering your example, When RfC is marked as UAT Completed it will check whether all the Change documents under it are at least with the status UAT Successful. If not the Status of the RfC gets reset.

Also make sure you have maintained the "PREDOC_CAN _BE_SET" for the applicable status under the Consistency checks.

The Standard behavior is as such to maintain the sanity of the Document flow and the related dependencies.

Regards,

Kathir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathir,

Thanks for the suggestion.

My main requirement is to control all the change documents of one RFC simultaneously. If we have to manage change documents within RFC individually, then there are possibilities that one Normal change is marked approved for production import and another is not. This will result in scenarios where some of the TRs missed out from being imported into production.

So this involves manual step of validating all related change documents are ready for production import.

That is the reason I was checking if there is a way to control successor change documents status through RFC status switch. If that is not possible, then please let me know if there are any other options to automatically validate all the change documents within same RFC that they are getting imported together.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arunkumar D!

I have the same requirement. If you will find solution please let us know here.

Regards, Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to that, I am using Status Dependent Import and Normal Change has to be in 'Approved for Production' Status to get the TRs imported into Production.

If Approver has to approve the change documents individually, there are chances of missing some of the normal change being marked as 'Approved for Production' and they not being imported into production along with other change documents of same RFC.

So I am looking for options either to mark a status in RFC which should automatically switch status of all change documents within the RFC  or a way to automatically validate all the change documents of an RFC getting imported together.

Regards,

Arun