Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Channel Configuration

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

I am configuring SFTP receiver communication channel and wanted to know,

1. What needs to be populated in Username field and do we need to get the same from Basis team who has created the key pair for us.

2. How to increase the security on private key as the same can be downloaded from NWA as I can see 2 options when I tried to dowload the private key, one is PKCS8 (which does not ask fro any password) and pkcs12 (which asks for password). Please let me know will these have any role to play in enhancing the security of private key.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reposnes.

@Manoj - I tried populating the username of the SFTP server but am getting the error as "MP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel".

Can you please help me with the same.

@Raghu - My query regarding security of Private key is that Private key can be downloaded easily from NWA.How can we add security on the same so that it cannot be downloaded without having relevant password.

Regards,

abhi

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhi,

The error shows you that Auth was Cancelled , Can you please let us know the channel config and also you need to check with third party what type of authentication is required to connect to their server is it USER& password or through Keys ?

Did u try connecting using WINSCP / FileZilla

Br,

Manoj

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

When you generate the key it will ask for password

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

There are 2 authentication methods in SFTP.

1. Username/password- You should get the username/password from the third party(SFTP) and maintain the same in channel.

2. Certificate Based- you should get the public key from the client and generate a certificate and import in NWA key store, the same to be mentioned in Channel. Alternatively you can generate keys and share to client.

For more details refer the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

The most secured one is Key based authentication.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

1. Username is the id through which you are logging Into SFTP server generally this is provided by the third party to whose server u want to connect. So you need to ask USER ID from server admin - third party.

2. if you are authenticating to the third party using certificate then you need to maintain Private key view/name in your receiver channel and share the Public key to the third party. It is asking password while exporting private key from NWA because u are trying to manually get the key this is not needed just export the Public key and share with third party.

Br,

Manoj