SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA Tables for Clearing Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently looking into an unfamiliar area of FICA and need some help with Clearing.

I want to know if there are any SAP tables that store the information about the Clearing of Contract Account Items like the clearing variant used and other specific info about clearing.

I want to know what particular clearing variant has been used and how it is determined. If there is any documentation available for the same, I will be grateful if someone can share it.

Basically, the scenario I am working on is a duel fuel utilities account where one fuel has moved out and the final bill for one fuel has cleared the Payment Scheme Request line for the second fuel and there is no joint invoicing. I have been looking into the configuration to identify which clearing variant might have triggered this, but I am not able to understand the same and its confusing as I have not worked in this area.

Any help in this regard will surely be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mithun,

FICA clearing objects are all configurable and clearing that happens is based on certain clearing steps which are configured in SAP.

To Start with, first you need to find the clearing reason through which the clearing has happened.

Clearing reason will give you the process from which the clearing has taken place,

Say for example, 01-Incoming Payments, 08-Auto Clearing, 15-Account maintenance etc.

You will find the clearing reason in the clearing document through T. code FPE3 or in table DFKKOP against the line item (in this Case Final invoice) in the field AUGRD.

Once you have found the clearing reason, then you will find the corresponding clearing variant configured for the particular process.

Clearing in FICA normally gets triggered with any one of the following processes

(a) Incoming payments

(b) Auto-clearing/Standalone Account maintenance.

(c) Account maintenance during invoicing.

The scenario, that you have stated normally happens with option (C) only if you have a PS line item without clearing restriction R.

Now go to SPRO-->Financial Accounting---> Contract Account AR &AP-->Basic Functions--->Open Item Mgmt.-->Clearing Control-->Define Specifications for Clearing Types--->Define Specifications for Invoicing

Check the Clearing variant configured against clearing type R42.

Now go to SPRO-->Financial Accounting---> Contract Account AR &AP-->Basic Functions--->Open Item Mgmt.-->Clearing Control-->Define Clearing variants.

Select the variant that you found out and click on clearing steps.

You will get the Sequence flow/logic as how does the variant work

Now select the Steps and click on display to find out how the grouping and sorting of Open items happens against that step.

This will  give you the understanding of the how the clearing variant works.

But ideally the issue here is why there is a payment scheme request line without clearing restriction R, which has triggered the clearing.

Thanks,

Amlan

srinivasankh
Contributor

Hi Mithun,

On top of what Amlan explained clearly above, you could also check the Clearing History table DFKKRAPT (Clearing/Reversal History (Line Item Level)). This has the links between the original FI-CA documents and clearing or reversal documents.

After getting the documents, check the origin key, Doc Types and Recon-key in table DFKKKO, this will give you more insight of what clearing config was used.

Your scenario, move-out invoice has cleared the request lines of second fuel:

A) Check the amounts rolled into the PS and the corresponding documents -these are Contract level or or Contract Account level.

B) Ideally if the original debt document doesn't have Contract Reference then SAP thinks the corresponding amount as CA level and tries to clear or reverse when MO is performed.

Hope my explanation is helpful!

Thanks,

Srini