cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create proportional factors in IBP SOP to desagregate demand

Former Member

Hello, i am new in IBP SOP on Hana and i know that SOP is to Strategical Planning and not Demand mgm, but i have 2 question about desaggregation in IBP SOP that some customers are asking me.

1 - I would like to know if a creation of a keyfigure index to desagregate demand volume as we had on APO-DP is possible on IBP SOP to desagregate demand volume based in this keyfigure index. In the system i am look for it but we have only differents type of desagregation based on the same keyfigure.

2 - If a creation of a Keyfigure index is not possible! How to create Proportional Factor Formula based on last 3 months on IBP SOP to desaggregate based on actual sales? is it possible?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

I am not sure what exactly you want, but statistical operator works on the level of BASE planning level of the key figure (up to IBP4, starting from  IBP5 you  can create on aggregated level and with that the next few lines become unnecessary).

If you want to run statistics on aggregated level, you create a new stored keyfigure on that aggregated level as target.

Than you can copy the value by copy operator (or ADVSIM) into the target that has the lower level. To do so, you need to tell your keyfigfure HOW to disaggregate which can be done by attaching split factor logic to the keyfigure on aggregated level (see model config guide on how split factor work)

Example:

KFHist = a historical KF on lowest level of product, location, customer with shipping value until last month

KFAgg = a planning KF on aggregated level of product & location which you can fill by statistical FC that runs that on the base planning level (product & location). But you add a calculation on level product & location & customer (need to flag both storage and calculation flag) which is only calculated on the fly and not stored, e.g.

KFAgg@PERPRODLOCCUST = KFAgg@PERPRODLOC * KFHelper@PERPRODLOCCUST

in which KFHelper is the keyfigure that contains the split logic

KFDet = a planning KF on level product, location & customer and which you fill by copying from KFAgg by either prefill-logic, copy operator or ADVSIM depeing on your needs. The "disaggregation" than comes from the formula in KFAgg = the split logic and you could just write

KFAgg@PERPRODLOCCUST = KFDet@PERPRODLOCCUST

So in principle you have TWO differet ways of "Disaggregation":

1) By attaching one or more keyfigures in the "Disaggregation" area of the keyfigure definition. This is meant when you have a storage keyfigure that you want to manually change on aggregated level and you want to store the values down to the lower level.

2) By defining split logic. This is for stored keyfigures that are stored on a higher level but shall be displayed on more detailed level. This can than be used to display / compare / copy keyfigures that are on higher levels together with keyfigures on lower levels when you dont want to save the values on a more detailed level but just have them calculated

One more use case for second case is: you load values from outside IBP on level product-location but you need to match them to customer level. In APO the system would automatically disaggregate and STORE the value when copied by keyfigurecopy or loading from infocube. In IBP system does store on the aggregated level and only calculated the value on detailed level on the fly and with that saves a lot of storage space.

Regarding the first case: you can attach any stored keyfigure for disaggregation or a sequence of key figures (by IF-clause or CASE-clause). Only restriction is that the KF which is the base for the disaggregation is not calculated and stored (this restriction does not apply for the split logic). HOW you fill the disaggregation keyfigure (Proportional Factor) is your decision: My first reply assumed that this was your question. In APO you have standard functionality to calculate the proportional factor. In IBP you can use the statistical FC functionality for this or you maintain it manually, or you define a crazy formula in a third keyfigure and copy the logic into it by copy operator

The difference between copy operator and ADVSIM is "only" that copy operator runs only in background (scheduled or immediate start, but still in background). ADVSIM runs on the fly and as well with simulations, and you can define if the additional "copy" is executed before or after the value entered manually is saved to the system. This can be very helpful, but I advise to not use it too often and restrict it to when it is really necessray as it has performance impact.

High-level-Summary: Approach is NOT like in APO. In APO you set up your job and within the job you define the planning level, and everything is always stored on the lowest level (few exceptions when working with aggregates).

In IBP you you dont "set up" the planning level in the job. But you have different means to achieve your targets.

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Irmi

Sorry the delay, i really appreciated your answer with so many details, as i can see, we have differents ways to archieve the same target. i will be performing on the fly and background mode to measure how is the performance.

I think in this current process, the best option is to respect the SOP metting level discussion (prefered: family level and customer at the same level "if necessary") and send it on aggregated level to SAP APO to perform the demand mgm.

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1) you can use the statistical FC functionality for a simple moving average to calculate with a constant model an e.g. "average shipped" (based on e.g. the shipments) which you than can use as disaggregation

2) if you want 3 month history, than set your historic horizon to 3 month

Merry Christmas

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Irmi

1) i got it, but in IBP SOP, doesn´t have a desaggregation mode on "input time" in the planning view as we had in APO-DP? Because to perfom a statistical FC is not faster as the some business requirement

2) i got it.

Thanks a lot!

Fábio Matias

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand your point, can you please phrase it more detailed?

0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Did you check ADVSIM operator in IBP Model Reference Guide where it mentions "ADVSIM operator supports disaggregation based on calculated key figures."

Regards,

Somnath

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ADVSIM does not work together with statistical operator

0 Kudos

Completely agree Irmi but I was wondering post Stat Fcst Run done at aggregate level can Disaggregation be done using ADVSIM operator based on another keyfigure. This is very much the approach taken in SAP APO Demand Planning module.

Adding to my list of things to be explored in next couple of weeks.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Somnath.

it really sounds like APO approach, IBP´s customer need to run the statistical FC at aggregate level or input any number volume at aggregate level to disaggregate it proportionally based on other keyfigure volume.

For example:

- Any input on "Consensus Keyfigure" at aggregate level (e.g. family group) will be disaggregated based on "Sales History Keyfigure" at detailed level (products).

In SAP APO Demand Planning Module, we can set up this rules easily with some clicks at keyfigure creation, but in IBP as you can share, we need to control this desaggregation rule by ADVSIM operator, right?

i will be studying more this functionality in some weeks too.

Thanks!

Fábio Matias