cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details of 'CPU Usage' in SAP HANA Monitoring Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are running on HANA SPS 08 Rev 85.

After I right click on a system -> Configuration & Monitoring -> Open Dashboard to open SAP HANA Monitoring Dashboard, I am not able to see any details under 'CPU Usage' tile, which actually shows as 'cannot load data'. Also when I click on CPU usage tile, it does not show up CPU data.

Can you please help to know how I can get the details of 'CPU Usage' in SAP HANA Monitoring Dashboard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

As per my understanding all data collection about the HANA instance is done by the Statistics collectors

The recommendation is to use Embedded Statistics Server(ESS) on SPS08, Can you check if you are using the ESS and not a Standalone Statisticsserver?

Also check if the ID=5 is showing up ON SCHEDULE=YES under the below path on HANA studio?

This should confirm Statistics server data collection for CPU usage is working (as seen in the screenshot)

HANA Studio--> ALERTS-->CHECK INFORMATION

Hope it helps

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil. I have checked the Check Information for ID=5 and found that ON SCHEDULE=NO.

This helped me to dig into the issue and found that collectors are not running as per the following statement in SAP Note 2092033 - Embedded Statistics Service Migration Guide.

select * from "_SYS_STATISTICS"."STATISTICS_SCHEDULE" where status = 'Disabled' and statusreason = 'timeout

We have recently done ESS migration and now I followed some steps in this note to fix this issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

This is strange, I have yet to see this error occurring.

Another way to check the CPU level is to go to

Performance tab > Load > Load the nameserverhistory.trc file.

This will allow you to check the CPU levels for the past few days + current level.

How long has this been occurring? Did this happen after an upgrade?

KR

Michael