cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify whether a data provider has a context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Using RESTful web service SDK how can i identify whether a particular data provider in a BI 4.1 Webi document has a context or not?

I used the GET <webiURL>/documents/8722/dataproviders/DP5/queryplan call as suggested in the RESTful web service guide and searched for the "Missing contexts" keywords in the response but it isn't working.  The "Missing contexts" keywords are not present in the response even when the data provider had a context.

Is there any other way to identify whether a data provider has a context or not using RESTful web service SDK?

Regards,

-CF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Chris,

I guess you may try:

GET .../documents/{docId}/dataproviders/{dpId}/parameters?lovInfo=false

... which is available since 4.1 SP3.

Regards,

eric

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

If you execute the call that Eric indicates, you will receive a list of parameter. If, in this list, there is at least one context, you may consider that the dataprovider requires a context.

Currently, what did you receive when you ask for queryplan on a such DP?

Regards,

Anthony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Do you need more assistance?

Regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I apologize for the delayed response. I used the Get method call suggested by Eric to check for the existence of context, it worked.

Regards,

-Chris

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can refer to page number 446 in the frederic suggested PDF.

You have to make a GET call to /documents//parameters?lovInfo=false

If you have context in the underlying dataproviders you will get the  following in the response xml.

<parameter optional="false" type="context" dpId="DP0">

You have to analyse the type attribute to identify whether its context or regular parameter.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Please find information about getting DP parameters in section 8.10 of latest version of the user guide (4.1 SP7).

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100018619332015E/sbo41sp7_webi_restws_dg_en.pdf

or

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100018982922015E/sbo41sp7_webi_restws_dg_en.zip (HTML version)

Regards,

Frédéric