cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 version for Fiori Launchpad (HCP)

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

As per release note - SAP HANA Cloud Portal Documentation FLP supports multiple versions of UI5. But this is restricted to innovation version and maintenance version. We have tested our apps on 1.30.9 and would like FLP to also be on that version. Is this supported ?

What we observe is that by setting "innovative version", the latest UI5 version is used and our apps are also forced to use the latest version even though we have bootstrapped to 1.30.9. This is a challenge as UI5 is innovating every few weeks and it implies broken apps for us due to some new feature which might be incompatible or has a bug. (we faced this when 1.30 upgraded to 1.32).

Do we have only 2 choices - stay on 1.28 or latest ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

According to the terminology of SAP UI5 they release four "innovative" versions in a year: 1.30.*, 1.32.*, 1.34.*, 1.36.*

New features of UI5 are only added to the latest "innovative" version.

Once a year the latest "innovative" version is turned into "maintenance" version and kept in maintenance for two years.

The UI5 version in FLP is aligned with the official releases of SAP UI5. Therefore, whenever there is a new release of an "innovative" version, FLP adopts it.

Other products that FLP is integrated with, such as the Theme Designer and WebIDE, also adopts the new releases of SAP UI5.

For that reason, FLP supports only two versions of UI5: The "maintenance" version which is 1.28.* and the latest "innovative" version which is 1.32.* (at the moment).

, are there any more reasons why FLP supports only those two versions?

Best,

Sapir

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure, but UI5 does support using a specific version instead of being always "new". This is very helpful as we would need to do a regression of our apps before adopting a new version. (and we went thru a painful exercise when 1.30 upgraded to 1.32 as there was regression issue in BusyDialog control from SAP and required an emergency patch).

Another example we found out with 1.32 where the SAP OData JS library is using "HEAD" method to get csrf token . This is not supported by SAP Gateway and there are some errors coming up and the app doesnt run in FLP but runs fine standalone in 1.30. It could be also because of some other reason, but to go and suddenly find out that all apps are broken because of version upgrade will not work for customers.

This was also recommended by SAP UI5 Development team in response to one our tickets and I would tend to agree.

This being the cloud paradigm and unlike on-prem where we can control the upgrades, it would be good to have configuration on the version.

Regards,

Parag.

meni_tito
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Is it relevant only to tesing your own Fiori applications on your own Fiori Launchpad?

Best,

Meni

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, our own apps in our tenant on HCP.

Regards,

Parag.

meni_tito
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Currently Cloud FLP supports maintenance and innovation UI5 versions only. Other versions are not yet available, we are working on several solutions to enable custom versions but currently with no concrete timelines.

Best,

Meni

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

UI5 on HCP was upgraded to 1.32.9 and again our apps are broken if we use FLP from Cloud Portal. Need this option of setting versions quickly please, we cannot go live with Cloud Portal. Or suggest an alternate way to create sites where we can specify the UI5 version.

We cannot go live with the way it works right now, looks like we might end up having a custom home page with our tiles.

Regards,

Parag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Please drop me an email to s.golan@sap.com and we continue the investigation from there.

Best,

Sapir

Louis-Arnaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find any solution ? I'm facing the same problem, and don't understand how HCP Fiori Launchpad can be used in productive environnement...

I developped my applications in 1.32, but when 1.34 was released I had to change few things in my apps, and to rebuild my theme.

Now with 1.36, I get duplicate error id which I can't explain and my theme is again out of order...

What I understand is that if I want a stable version, I have to choose the 1.28, which is too old ! My apps won't work with this version...

I changed the neo-app.json in the app and I can choose the SAPUI5 version when I launch the application from webide. Is it possible to configure a neo-app.json for the launchpad ??

Thank you,

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no option to specify a UI5 version if you use FLP on HCP (other than maintenance and innovation concept you mentioned). You need to keep fixing the apps and regenerating the theme whenever there is an upgrade.

We have also pushed this from our side in various forums and have been told that this request of having a version has been prioritized by the development, not sure when will we get the feature. I was also told that the next maintenance version would be around June (1.3X version of UI5) and then we can set this as maintenance version and prevent our apps from breaking down during an upgrade.

Till then..we need to adapt, there is no option, or use your UI5 apps standalone without FLP.

Hope it helps, will update this post once i have more info.

Regards,

Parag.

segev_lev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a solution to enable administrators to specify any SAPUI5 version for FLP on HCP. The options will be all versions available in the range of the maintenance (v1.28) and innovation version (currently v1.36).

This will eliminate the issues described above. Our current plan is to release it with T05b i.e. June 16th, but plan is not finalized yet. Will update once we have a finalized date, but it is planned to come soon so stayed tuned 🙂

Thanks,

Segev

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Segev, eagerly waiting for this feature.

Regards,

Parag.

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Segev,

Any updates on this.

Regards,

Parag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Segev,

I'm also interested in this.

Do you know when this might be completed?

Thanks,

Akash Peri

segev_lev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sure, good news.

Feature will be available in productive landscape (Factory) on Thursday, July 14th.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up!

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Segev

Answers (0)