Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching file from URL

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a requirement to fetch a .csv file from the URL. we get a SOAP request from our partner which will have the URL. PI has to use that URL to fetch the file from inside it and then use that for mapping.

How can PI read the file inside the URL? its not any FTP server.

Can someone help me the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

What is your PI version. We have 3 different options(depending on your version), HTTP Adapter GET, REST Adapter, or AXIS Adapter.

The Sender gives the URL, You have to call the URL based on what they have provided (every time it will be dynamic I guess), get the file and do the mapping.. Do you need to conver the CSV to XML and do the mapping? Did u check is there a possibility to download XML files instead of CSV.

Thx

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

we are using PI 7.1 . i cannot use AXIS, REST  Adapters and we cant afford to have it just for one interface.

Yes.i need to convert.csv into XML and map it to idoc.

thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the files can be placed at file servers.

We once had a webservice which had the option of connecting using FTP as well.check on those possibilities.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

we are using PI 7.1 . i cannot use AXIS, REST  Adapters and we cant afford to have it just for one interface.

In PI 7.1 you can use the SOAP AXIS adapter, it is available from XI 3.0. However, i haven't so clear if you need to do a poll on the sender side or for example you can check the file availability on the receiver side.

Also, you can retrieve the file from a java mapping:

Regards.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

>>we are using PI 7.1 . i cannot use AXIS

You can definitely use Axis as Iñaki Vila mentioned. The only affordability is download/collect the JAR files and deploy it in the server .. We can definitely get the files, I was wondering if you could check if XML is an option to avoid converting CSV to XML back again.  If XML is not an option, then I believe we can use the MessageTransformBean in the AXIS adapter to convert the CSV to XML. Again I believe it's possible, haven't tried myself. But definitely tried the parameters on other channels other than JMS adapters in the past.

How To...Content conversion module with J2EE JMS adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Thanks!     

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

PI can access with SOAP AXIS file receiver: How to use SOAP Receiver File (Axis) Adapter? |

Your basis team will need to deploy Axis libraries first.

Regards.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for your reply and the link. but the link says SOAP AXIS file receiver.

but in my requirement, i have to read the files from the URL. Can you please elaborate abit more.

when i open the URL, i see the lot of .csv file in it. I need to download /read them via PI and use it for mapping .

thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

Refer the below link,Seems to be a similar discussion