SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to create material group as commitment item

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have one question. We want to entry budget material group ( MATKL ) level. For example we have material group as A100 - A101 - A102 - A103 - ... A110. I want to entry budget using these material group in FMBBC. I want to create commitment item for all these material group from A100 to A110.Then I will  set up derivation rule in FMDERIVE using table lookup. But these meterial groups from A100 to A104 are using same inventory account ( for instance 1500101 account ).

I want to ask that method is possible? Can I create a derivation rule for on this scenario?

Thanks for your advice

5 REPLIES 5

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I tried on development system and it worked. I created a derivation rule  and defined two fields that are account_number and usertemp1 as source field. And I defined commitment item as target field.

Using table lookup I derived material group from matnr. Then I created a derivation rule from usertemp1 to commit_item. I entry material group for usertemp1 and I entry commit_item that was created for material group as target field. ( For example,on above post material group A100 ).

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi, it's not clear if you still have a question(or have new one?)

I advise to consider another FM's account assignment for your purpose - budget program, it always derives (not possible to enter it manually in actuals), because CI you can need for another purposes.

0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey

Thank you for reply.

What is yoru advise to entry budget material group level?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello:

Practically you can assume anything as a commitment as long as you have logic to derive it during posting. If you assume that your material grouping constitutes your budget heads then you can create commitment items equivalent to them and can derive them during posting in purchasing or issuance in MM using table look up( FMDERIVE) from table MARA-MAKTL. Please let us know if you have any confusion on it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Atıf

I am very clear.

Thank you very much