cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to archieve customers on the basis of Sales Area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where the business wants to Archive the customers on the basis of specific sales area. Now previously we have archived customers on the basis of company code and sales org using the standard  SARA transaction.

We have proposed them to have the cutomers marked for deletion but they want them to be archived.

The situation is such that

they have below sales are

1.PE01-11-00

2.PE01-11-20

3.PE01-11-10

4.PE01-12-00

what they want is the customer should exists only for the sales area PE01-11-00 and should be archived for the remaining sales area. is there any standard functionality in SAP that can be used to do this task.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the help docu it is possible to archive one sales area only.

Precondition is that only one sales area has the deletion indicator set and the other not, since the archiving program has no selection for division and distribution channel.

The docu can be found here: Archiving Customer Master Data (FI-AR, SD) - Sales and Distribution (SD) - SAP Library

and I am referring to the sentence " If you set the deletion indicator in the sales + distribution-specific area, the system can archive the customer data from this area separately "

I also derinve this conclusion from the OSS note    1477481 - FI_ACCRECV: Archiving sales area terminates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

what you are implying is correct. In my analysis also i found the same issue. Actually the customer wants us to archive the data as the mark for deletion would not satisfy the issue that they are facing for this customer in a particular functionality related to sales on handheld devices (iSMS).

We do not want to create a Zprogram for such a small task therefore was looking if someone can help with some standard functionality related to it. SARA transaction would not work.

I think now we will have to opt for a custom program to achieve the desired result. Do let me know if any other SAP standard functionality can help us.

Thanks in Advance

BR

Rishi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somehow we do not understand each other.

What is your pain to create a download from KNVV with the current information of the deletion indicator, then you mass remove the deletion indicators and set it only to those customers again which are in the sales areas to be archived.

Then you run your archiving

and finally you set the deletion indicators back to those customers in your still existing sales areas like it was before.

Please do not consider to write any custom program to force archiving of the customers if you still have business documents, you are only creating a mess and the next problem  in your system

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Archiving Customer Master through SARA or F56A can only be done at Company Code or Sales Organization level.

If you want at Sales Area level, then suggest you block (using XD05) or put deletion flag (using XD06) at Sales Area level.

Regards,

Debarshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debarshi,

Thank you for your suggestion, however the issue is business wants the data to be Archived. They have only one functional sales area now and the other sales area are not in use.

I have suggested them the solution that you have mentioned regarding suing the Deletion Flag but they want the customers to be archived.

they have a specific functionality they is getting affected because of the customers being defined in other sales area and this could only be solved if customers are archived. We are trying to do it through standard SAP functionality as we do not want to create a Z transaction for this small task. So if you think there is any standard functionality other than SARA transaction please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

BR

Rishi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did I somewhere say that it cannot be archived?

I just said that you have to flag  the sales area for deletion which shall be archived and the other not. Then execute archiving and the one sales area is supposed to be archived and the other stays.

The deletion indicator is the precondition for archiving.

Of course you have to archive all business documents for this sales area first, otherwise it can't be archived anyway.