Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB system verification is failing miserably :-(

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have installed a new Java system. During the course of adding it correctly the our Solution Manager, I did a verification check in LMDB and it failed miserably:

1. Why is it complaining about LM SLD ? I have it installed !!

2. About LSOCP - when I select Proposal for Unassigned Software Components, I am getting SAP LEARN SOLN W/COMMUNITY

1.0 (add-on), but it is already assigned, so I don't get it what is the point ?

Even when I try to select it, I am getting the following error message:

Product instances of the technical system are supplied automatically

Please kindly help me to solve these annoying problems! Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

Please check the following SAP note for some hints.

1834030 - Targeted instance ... is incompatible with NW 7.3!

Regards

Anand

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

it is true, that my CIM content is old, but I am also installing old components. Nevertheless, you certainly have a point here! I will update the content, retry and let you know for sure (just don't know if I will make it today!).

Many thanks !!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The import of the new CR content has failed as well 😞

I tried to import the latest files from the Dec,11th:

zipcrdelta111610_0-70000709.zipSP 10 PL 0 for SAP CR CONTENT UP TO 20150Info  636240011.12.2015
zipcimsap111610_0-70000709.zipSP 10 PL 0 for SAP CR CONTENT UP TO 20150Info  27462211.12.2015

Unfortunately this has failed as well !!!

Import finished with 26 errors: 49399 of 49425 objects loaded

<p><b>Errors:</b></p><p><span style="color:red">CIM_ERR_FAILED: Qualifier MAX(1) violated for property reference SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent</span><br>Instance of SAP_ExportInstCreation. Embedded instance(s): Target instance = SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent=ref"SAP_CoherentSoftwareUnit.IdentifyingNumber=\"73555000100900000347\",Name=\"1\",ProductName=\"SAP FIORI FRONTEND SERVER\",Vendor=\"sap.com\",Version=\"200\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_SupportPackageFeatureStack.CollectionID=\"735550001033000006811\""<hr><span style="color:red">CIM_ERR_FAILED: Qualifier MAX(1) violated for property reference SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent</span><br>Instance of SAP_ExportInstCreation. Embedded instance(s): Target instance = SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent=ref"SAP_CoherentSoftwareUnit.IdentifyingNumber=\"73555000100900000347\",Name=\"2\",ProductName=\"SAP FIORI FRONTEND SERVER\",Vendor=\"sap.com\",Version=\"200\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_SupportPackageFeatureStack.CollectionID=\"735550001033000006812\""<hr><span style="color:red">CIM_ERR_FAILED: Qualifier MAX(1) violated for property reference SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent</span><br>Instance of SAP_ExportInstCreation. Embedded instance(s): Target instance = SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent=ref"SAP_CoherentSoftwareUnit.IdentifyingNumber=\"73555000100900000347\",Name=\"2 B\",ProductName=\"SAP FIORI FRONTEND SERVER\",Vendor=\"sap.com\",Version=\"200\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_SupportPackageFeatureStack.CollectionID=\"735550001033000006812 B\""<hr><span style="color:red">CIM_ERR_FAILED: Qualifier MAX(1) violated for property reference SAP_SPFeatureStackSoftwareFeature.Antecedent</span><br>Instance of SAP_ExportInstCreation. Embedded instance(s): Target instance =

I found SAP note 1093168 - Repair of SLD CR content ,but I am not sure how to proceed, the steps are very poorly described, they don't say what menu entries to click !!

Please kindly help me out - the company has some Java app developed in the NWDI system, important data is saved in the SLD,

I am afraid something might get screwed up !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Symon,

Please refer the note:-

1045423 - Warnings and error messages during SLD import

Regards

Anand

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

many thanks - the note which you sent me is much more clear, so, at least I have now an idea about what is going on...

1) First question - which case of both, described in the note, is mine ? Ignore the errors or work on merging the objects ?

SAP FIORI Frontend and NEWDB - we certainly didn't work with these classes...

2) Second question - I have started yesterday the import and then I left for the day. Today it wasn't clear what happened, I was still seeing the warning about outdated content in the LMDB main screen. I decided to rerun the import, as I know from the past, that this shouldn't be able to cause any harm. So, today I've got the above mentioned errors, but NOW the LMDB status is OK. So - do you know how much a recalculation takes ? Could it it be that it had been recalculating the whole night ?

3) Third question - I have executed the verification again, now with the current CIM content. Unfortunately it is still coming back with exactly the same errors about LM SLD and component versions not covered by product instances... What to do with this now ???

Please kindly advise on how to proceed, I am really confused with this situation... Thanks!

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Symon:

First identify if the LMDB/CR Content is corrupt.

Please follow below notes:

1939864 - Check if SAP CR Content is corrupt in LMDB or SLD

Once you have identified of any corruptions please follow the notes to repair the content.

1093168 - Repair of SLD CR content

There is a very detailed blog on how to repair the SLD content.

Please note that it's always a good idea to take a backup of your existing content before you perform any updates.

Thanks.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep and thanks a lot for your help, your recommendations and the great Wiki article, which shows how to fix a corrupt CR content.

It took me while, but now I went through the entire procedure, but it didn't bring any change. It showed the following summary at the end:

CR Repair finished successfully (0 objects renamed, 0 deleted, 0 updated).

As expected, the checksum, which I receive calculated by the report is 2fdbc2c5-8ca8-d334-60d9-b1a72f4f22e8.

It doesn't match to any checksum, published in SAP Note 1939864 - Check if SAP CR Content is corrupt in LMDB or SLD 😞

And it is exactly the same checksum, which was calculated before I had started the repair 😞

What to do now ?

Furthermore, could you please advise on how to fix the failing system verification.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

can please anybody help me to fix that issue ??? Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

if you have already not seen this ...Please refer following SAP note:-

1865686 - Product system verification: Product instance not included

Regards

Anand

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Symon:

2 issues have now mixed up here in the same message. It's better to tackle one at a time.

I personally don't have experience with correcting the corrupt SLD content. But let me now try to summarize  what I have understood:

1. SLD CR content was updated by you following SAP Note: 669669. Did you import all CR delta updates?

2. You have identified per SAP note: 1939864 that your SLD CR content is corrupt.  - Please confirm

3. Now you try to correct your CR content per Note: 1093168 and following Matt's blog - Please confirm

4. The content repair does not help you and you are getting message:

CR Repair finished successfully(0 objects renamed, 0 deleted and 0 updated). So basically no changes were made by the repair process. - Please confirm.

Thanks,

Mandeep

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Gentlemen, thanks for your answers!

@Anand - thank you, but this note is for SPS10, the system is already at SPS12. Even though I downloaded the note and it can't be implemented

@Mandeep - yes, you are right, there are 2 issues, but the CR content issue was basically caused, because I tried to update it, because the system verification was failing 😞 Here the answers to all your questions, as being asked:

1. Yes, I did.

2. Yes, as the checksum calculated doesn't correspond to any checksum from note 1939864 - Check if SAP CR Content is corrupt in LMDB or SLD

3. Yes.

4. Yes, this assumption of yours is also correct.

Many thanks in advance!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

a SMALL update: I have solved the error about LM SLD not installed.

Everything else still needs attention (LMDB checksum and the system verification warning).

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

If you are still getting a checksum that doesn't match those in Note 1939864, then yes, you can safely assume that your CR content remains corrupt, and I think you've got to fix that before anything else.

So, I understand that you've followed my little blog, but it gives you a message that it doesn't make any changes at all, and afterwards you continue to get a mismatched hash checksum. All I can think here is that perhaps something is not quite right in the reference namespace that you're creating to do the compare. Can you detail for us all the steps you took to create the reference namespace and run the compare? I know you said you followed the steps in the blog, but I'm wondering if something got missed or a setting not quite right. Also, I find for myself that often if I take the time to document every step in detail for purposes of obtaining help, I end up fixing the problem because I come across something I missed the first time around. So, the same might happen for you here, or at least that's the first hope.

Cheers,

Matt

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Heeey, the blog author himself! I'm flattered 🙂

Matt, the thing is, that you have written the blog perfectly clear! At the first glance, I was cautious, it looked weird, but after carefully going through your procedure, everything was a breeze! Even bearing in mind, that my SLD is on Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 12, and your is obviously a separate AS Java 7.4 system, I easily managed the small differences. I have now even created one more space just to see if I have to make an additional click somewhere, but your procedure is complete, nothing is missing.

And bearing in mind how much worse documents and procedures have I followed and results were good, it's hard to imagine, that something went wrong during the creation of the namespace.

Could you kindly suggest something with more details ?

I apologize, but I won't be checking this thread in the coming 2 weeks, so things will delay again...

Many thanks in advance!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Symon,

Enjoy your vacation! Anyway, for when you return:

You're right, I am using a standalone NW 7.4 SLD (and I recommend the same for everyone, but that's a topic for a different day). However, this should still work fine for your SolMan SLD.

First thing to double-check is just exactly what you imported when you went to update the CR content. You mentioned importing "the latest" content and you referenced the cimsap and crdelta files for sp10 (cimsap111610... and crdelta111610... respectively). What CR content version were you coming from before? You mentioned that it was "pretty old." Did you load the cimsap* file first, and then each relevant crdelta* file to advance a "year" up to the 2015 level, and then latest delta file from within the 2015 files, in order, as described in Note 669669?

If you loaded files in the wrong order, or skipped a file, then it might be necessary to restore your SLD content to a backup from before you tried to do that. Although, I'm not sure, but I think the system should prevent you from loading things completely out of order.

In any case, this is how you build the reference namespace, by carefully loading the latest cimsap and then the various successive crdeltas, in order, until it matches the CR content version of the active namespace. You can always validate that the reference namespace is setup correctly by running the RLMDB_CR_CONTENT_HASHER program against it instead of against the active namespace, and checking the hash value against Note 1939864.

Once you know the reference namespace is good, then do your repair again.

Another point.... just to be certain, when you run the hash compare, even though it's your SolMan SLD, you are still choosing the Use remote SLD option, right?

Also, just checking, but we are talking about mismatched hash values for the SLD content, and not the LMDB content, right? Chances are, if the SLD content is corrupt, then so is the LMDB content, but you have to fix SLD first.

Cheers,

Matt

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Matt,

thanks a LOT, you are a genious

I was slappy on executing the report. I didn't choose to use a remote SLD.

Also I probably had selected the SLD_UC connection, instead of the LMDB_SyncDest1

destination. Now with the correct settings, I've got:

ca250a10-3d77-ef97-758f-821b6fb8cc00 is the calculated CR Content hash

which is a perfect match to SAP-CR-Content-Version 11.10 from note 1939864

In the end, how can I find out if there has been an error in the beginning, or I did this

build of an alternative namespace just for the nice exercise 😄

Additionally, do I need to check my LMDB somehow ? A BW upgrade project is coming 🙂

Thank you, once again!

P. S.: As far as I know, it's not possible to load the files in a wrong order, as there should

be a protective mechanism. Anyway, I have always been careful and I hope I won't need

to test for the presense of this mechanism 🙂

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome back, Symon, and I'm glad to hear that your SLD is in good shape. So, if you are getting a match now in the hash values between the Note and your SLD CR content, then you know that SLD is fine. Yes, you didn't really need to build the reference namespace in this case, but chalk it up to practice, and who knows? You might need it in future, and now it will be a little less work to setup.

So, your next step is to check your LMDB content. I describe this briefly in the Postscript at the end of my blog (), and there's more detail in Note 1891566 (Repair of LMDB CR Content).

Basically, now that you know SLD is good, make sure all content synchronizations between SLD and LMDB are complete (either in LMDB Administration, or in SM37 in the job logs for the most recent SAP_LMDB_LDB_* job). Once there is nothing more to sync between the two, run the check process (RLMDB_CR_CONTENT_HASHER) AGAIN. This time, however, you do choose the option for Use local LMDB. You are checking for the same hash value that you used when you checked your SLD content.

If it matches, all is good and you're done. However, there's a good chance it won't match (that's what started this thread, right?). In that case, you need to run RLMDB_SAP_CR_REPAIR_LMDB in background, as described in the Note. Then, check the hash values again. If they still don't match, run the repair a second time (there are some circumstances where it takes two passes to complete the repair, though usually it's done in one).

The key was knowing that you had a good SLD to start with, and that all syncs are complete. Don't make any changes to SLD while you're running the repair or the hash compare.

Cheers,

Matt

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Matt !!

It all went EXACTLY, word by word, as you described it above!

After 2 iterations of RLMDB_SAP_CR_REPAIR_LMDB I finally got the correct hash:

ca250a10-3d77-ef97-758f-821b6fb8cc00

This is really and example how things can go exactly as described 🙂 Now I am so much wiser! Thank you so much once again !!! All the points go on you

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm very glad to hear it!

Answers (0)