Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to File Synchronous Scenario

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am trying to do a Synchronous Scenario, where the Proxy calls my PI Interface and I pick the file from FTP load it and send data in the response of Proxy.

Here while Creating it, The Proxy channel needs to be an Sender channel and also the File Channel needs to be an Sender channel to pick the file.

How do I implement this Scenario?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

You have two options:

1. File lookup:

2. Sync/Async brigge

http://saprainbow.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/AsyncSync_and_SyncAsync_Bridge_without_BP...

Regards.

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Can you suggest, which method would be a good approach to take in this case ?

Since I have not used both of these, will go with the better one and explore more on them.

thank you,

Pranay

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Also we are on 7.1 Dual Stack PI system. Would both the options be available for this version ?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

The best solution more standard is to use the bridges, but there are available from PI 7.0, , however i haven't so clear if you can use an ABAP adapter  (proxy adapter) in PI 7.1 version to work with bridges, may be another SCN member can help with this specific question.

The first option (file lookup) needs java development, and this question can be problematic in further upgrades of the PI, in this case you are using a non standard solution.

Also you can think to do the the next, if you don't need to know the name of the file:

1. To have a file to proxy scenario.

2. From abap code start the scenario to pick up the files

Another question that it can do easy or hard your scenario:

1. Is the file in XML?

2. Do you have to send the file proxy via attachment, base64 or you want to transform to an XML?

3. Does The abap sender side the name of the file or it can search all the available files?

Regards.

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thank you for the response,

1. Is the file in XML? - No I am using Standard File Conversion available in the File adapter

2. Do you have to send the file proxy via attachment, base64 or you want to transform to an XML? - Transform to XML and send the date in the Proxy Output table

3. Does The abap sender side the name of the file or it can search all the available files? - There will be only two files available in the folder at any point of time and I need to process both the files in two Similar scenarios.

The Switch option sounds intresting, will look into that one.

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

For reference, I used the Switch method using the External Control. This was triggered through a Standard Web Service.

Regards,

Pranay

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

One other option if you are on a high enough level is to try using the REST adapter to read the files as resources.  However, you have to have the same FTP system capable of answering the REST requests and then triggering the reading of the files.  I have done this in one other prototype where I needed to be able to ready proxy to file (create mode) synchronously.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

My System version is PI 7.1 so Rest Adapter is not an Option for us , but its good to know this approach, Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Pranay Aitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay

I'm late to this discussion thread, but just to share that I've also blogged about an alternative approach for this type of requirement using a combination of S/A bridge and custom adapter module.

Rgds

Eng Swee

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

This was suggested by Inaki earlier the bridge route, but since it complicates my case. We went with external control of the Communication Channel.

Regards,

Pranay