Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode JDBC Receiver Adapter

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My reciever system is <b>MS SQL</b> (version > 7.0). when i send unicode data through XI, the query in the runtime workbench does show the unicode values. but they are getting inserted as <b>??????</b>. if i copy the same query into the <b>SQL Analyzer</b> and prefix the unicode content with '<b>N</b>', it is getting inserted into SQL as Unicode charecters. i tried to prefix the content of the fields in the mapping. but when i did that, the charecter N is appended to the content of the field. the collation of the SQL server is <b>SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS</b>. can any one help in this regard? it is bothering from long time.

Thnx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Anil,

As per Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 JDBC Adapter

Unicode Handling

Q: I am inserting Unicode data into a database table or selecting Unicode data from a table. However, the data inserted into or retrieved from the table appears garbled. Why doesn't the JDBC Adapter handle Unicode correctly?

A: While the JDBC Adapter is Unicode-aware, many JDBC drivers and/or database management systems aren't by default and need a codepage or Unicode-awareness to be configured explicitly. For the respective JDBC drivers, this codepage setting is often configured via the driver URL. For details, refer to the documentation of your JDBC driver or database management system.

regards

Prasad

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I had already gone through this note earlier. i had tried setting the parameter <b>sendStringAsUnicode</b> to true in the Connection URL but dint help.

Any idea guys whethe v hav any other way?

Prasad - thnx for ur quick response.

Anil

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Any clue guys...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

At present we have that doc only

also see the below links may be useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/df/cf469457b4d941a1d2e8c4f04199c5/frameset.htm

Regards

Chilla